12 hr race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 hr race?

Tonya and I have been beating up an idea for a while...

We've looked at what Jay is doing with the 24hrs of Lemon's and I've raced in one of them... I had SO damn much fun that when I got home I kept braggin on how good it was....

Then Tonya ( ever the little organizer ) says.... WE should do an event along the same lines... and I said.... well Geez if we were only Half as good as Jay we could have a Damn Blast... make a little change and do what we do best... which is run events... ( okay she runs them and I'm just the pretty face... but you get the idea )

So our idea was to come up with a race like the 12hrs of "SEE BRING"... your junk and let's race ... Best part of all is it's an American Race

What do you guys think?

Seriously interested in your opinions here...

Keith and Tonya

Re: 12 hr race?

I'd love to participate on a team and barring that, willing to help run it.

What area do you have in mind?
    Presume a team oriented event?

???

Comment

Where would you run it? I've got plenty of leave saved up.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'm thinking we'd look for it in the St Louis, Kansas city area...

Comment

We would love to participate and/or do what we can to help out.
          But it depends on when and where it is.

Petty Face ? ha !!!
          now that you mention it, what is it that you do at all these events again?

Comment

We'd be interested & St. Louis/Kansas City is a great idea. Pretty much middle America so easy access for most. Keep us posted!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Keith,
              You can count in Johansson Brothers Bandit Racing. We ran Jays thunderhill event last december - first time in 10 years all 6 brothers had been together. we liked it so much we will be doing both Houston as well as thunderhill this year. We are not particularly enamoured with the tight roundy round with shortcuts like Detroit and even the one in Tracy california - it seems to resemble a bit of a smashem up derby, but really like the road course races - alot of good racing by alot of talented drivers just having a blast out there!

And boy do i have venue for you - and the track owners personality and tenor would be a great fit.. A bit of a stretch from saint Louis - but look at hastings motorsports in Hastings Nebraska (I think they use the moniker MPH)

If you want to improve on Jays wonderfull event - I can make a couple of suggestions.
              1. get rid of the good old boy wink your eye at friends and familiar competitors violations - while you slam newbies for the same violations - I think that gave the event a bit of a sour aftertaste.
              2. enforce the rules! If you say in the drivers meeting that if you take out a barrier - you will be removed from the race for 2 hours - then when a car hits the barriers - remove them - just like you said. (Jay didn't - pulled the driver off the track for 15 minutes, after which the driver went back out and took out another competitor with a very hard rear end hit going into a corner!) Jay threatens harsh penalties - then when push comes to shove - and he has to back up his words and warnings - he backs down! he seems to have a hard time doing it. This is actually a safety issue - and was the only real concern we had with the way the event was run!

Anyway our lemons car is staged and wating in Russell Kansas - just waiting for our next opportunity!

Carl Johansson

Originally posted by KeithTurk
              Tonya and I have been beating up an idea for a while...

We've looked at what Jay is doing with the 24hrs of Lemon's and I've raced in one of them... I had SO damn much fun that when I got home I kept braggin on how good it was....

Then Tonya ( ever the little organizer ) says.... WE should do an event along the same lines... and I said.... well Geez if we were only Half as good as Jay we could have a Damn Blast... make a little change and do what we do best... which is run events... ( okay she runs them and I'm just the pretty face... but you get the idea )

So our idea was to come up with a race like the 12hrs of "SEE BRING"... your junk and let's race ... Best part of all is it's an American Race

What do you guys think?

Seriously interested in your opinions here...

Keith and Tonya

Comment

Okay... cool so far... I know David is going to have events here on the site...and I don't want to impinge on that... it's his gig... I was just using this place as a sounding board more then anything... and obviously you can expect Tonya and I to help out with whatever scheme Freiburger and Chad Devise...

Nebraska is not very close to Alabama... I know... ( been there 20 times in my bville travels alone... LOL... hmmm

Keith

Comment

I am definitely game. Either racing or volunteering. I think the midwest is the way to go, as it will allow for more participants (like me ;D) and I am sure my wife could help out as a volunteer. As long as the cost of the machines is low enough you should get a good number of participants. We could even get a couple of Carjunkie Teams to help promote the site. DF could video the race and post all the "exciting" parts. Keep me posted and I can help if needed.

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Sounds like a gas!! Is it stictly a beater race like LeMons?
                    Ed

Comment

Yep... totally bucks down... I want folks to go home with a Huge smile after destroying thier race car.... so around 500 bucks for the car seems like a good number...

K

Comment

What about using little Talladega? It is a little tight for a bunch of big cars but the upside is that with all the tight turns you'd see lots of grass flying. Could also check out Birmingham or Memphis if they will allow it. We'd be up for doing an event like that. 12 hours is plenty of track time for anyone, plus if you start early Sat then by night we can all sit around enjoying our cold drinks!

Comment

Have you considered the road course at Heartland Park Topeka???

Ron
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Count me in, K&T - either in a volunteer role or as crew.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                              Have you considered the road course at Heartland Park Topeka???

Ron
                              heartland park would be a great venue - unfortunately alot of tracks say no the the lemons Races - they don't like the image. jays crew got thrown out of Las Vegas track - because a nascar team came in and flashed the cash - they changed to Spring Mountain in Pahrump - which is a great facility. Once Spring Mountain figured out what a lemons race was - they said - sorry - take it somewwhere else!
                              i'm betting Hearland Park would have a similar response!

carl Johansson

Comment

Working...
                              X