• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12 hr race?

Originally posted by carl johansson
    Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
    Originally posted by KeithTurk
    I'm thinking we'd look for it in the St Louis, Kansas city area...
    Have you considered the road course at Heartland Park Topeka???

Ron
    heartland park would be a great venue - unfortunately alot of tracks say no the the lemons Races - they don't like the image. jays crew got thrown out of Las Vegas track - because a nascar team came in and flashed the cash - they changed to Spring Mountain in Pahrump - which is a great facility. Once Spring Mountain figured out what a lemons race was - they said - sorry - take it somewwhere else!
    i'm betting Hearland Park would have a similar response!

carl Johansson
    Ok then, how about Mid America Motorplex in Pacific Junction, Iowa. It is just a hop, skip and jump across the river from Omaha, about 90 minutes north of Kansas City. Those guys know how to have a good time!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Ron one of the things I've learned is that the Mid west rocks when it comes to racing... these freaking farmers raise mechanic's... seems to be the way it is...

Keith

Comment

It has been my experience, in rural areas, if you break it, you fix it. If you can't fix it, you make a replacement out of readily available material. It is not always possible to run down to the store and write a check for exactly what you want, so these folks adapt and improvise and have become quite adept at it. Although the craftsmanship of these rural fabricators may not be on par with some of the stuff I see on this forum, the functionality seems to be spot on.

Oh... and they like to drink a few cold ones at the end of the day when they hoot & holler.

Ron (I holler more than I hoot)
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

love the idea

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
            Ron one of the things I've learned is that the Mid west rocks when it comes to racing... these freaking farmers raise mechanic's... seems to be the way it is...

Keith
            Yep. Thats me.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

hallet outside tulsa.

Comment

depending on my schedule, sounds like a winner to me, I would love to participate.
                Living the dream!

Comment

Working...
                X