Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock Facilities Tour Torrance, CA Gathering 05/31/08

Edelbrock Facilities Tour Torrance, CA Gathering 05/31/08

Edelbrock Facilities Tours are by Appointment Only and I have been able to work with the Great people at Edelbrock in Torrance to allow us to Visit their Facilities.
    They have set aside room for 40 people from the forum to attend. So I will need a head count from you as you sign-up. Once I hit the 40 mark I will start a waiting list.

I would like to give the manager a number of people by May 15th so please sign up on this post.

I am organizing a gathering on:
    Date Saturday May 31st Admission is FREE
    Time 9:30 am (They open at 10:00)
    Location Edelbrock
    510 Madrid St
    Torrance, CA.

Tour Information

*Tours of the Edelbrock Facilities are by Appointment Only*

The group will assemble at 510 Madrid St., Torrance CA 90501. This is the sight of Vic’s Garage. Staff will open the doors at approx. 9:45 am allowing access to the museum and restrooms. Your tour will begin at 10:00 am sharp. You will start in the museum with a speech outlining the history of Edelbrock, given by either Vic or Camee Edelbrock. After which our tour guides and volunteers will split the audience up into smaller groups for a walking tour of our Manufacturing, Shock, Exhaust facilities and Distribution Center. There will be a lot of walking involved in the tour, so please ensure that your group members are dressed accordingly. Your groups will be carpooling between the facilities on sight at Vic’s Garage and our Manufacturing and Corporate Divisions located two blocks away at 2700 California St. Once all the groups have completed the tour it is back to Vic’s Garage for lunch. The store in Vic’s Garage will be open and stocked with Edelbrock apparel (pricing located in the back of our automotive catalog). We would also like to point out that photos may only be taken in Vic’s Garage. There will be no photography allowed in any of the other buildings.

Directions to Vic’s Garage
    510 Madrid St., Torrance CA 90501

Coming from the 405 freeway:

Exit south on Crenshaw. Go approx. 1 mile south to 208th St. and turn left at the signal. Go up to Madrid St. and Edelbrock is on the corner of 208th and Madrid on your right hand side. Please use the parking lot in front of the building on Madrid St.

Coming from the 91 freeway:

Take the 91 west until it ends (turning into Artesia Blvd). Continue west on Artesia until you come to Crenshaw Blvd and turn left. Go approx 1 mile south to 208th St. and turn left at the signal. Go up to Madrid St. and Edelbrock is on the corner of 208th and Madrid on you right hand side. Please use the parking lot in front of the building on Madrid St.

FYI, This invite is going to different Car Site Forums and Clubs. I have Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, and Pro-Touring cars all signing up.

Re: Edelbrock Facilities Tour Torrance, CA Gathering 05/31/08

I'd like to see his "garage". Sign me up.
    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom
      I'd like to see his "garage". Sign me up.
      It's not just the Garage you get to see were all the work is done. They will run the Dyno and take you to see the Edelbrock family race cars.

Comment

Thanks a lot for putting this together, Chuck! I'm bummed that we'll be at another event that day. I've been to Edelbrock a ton of times and it's worth seeing. The cars in the shop are usually better than the ones in the museum: stuff like Smokey Yunick cars and old NASCAR cheaters and Camee's race Mustang and stuff.

Comment

I am Happy to add Carjunkie members to my invite list. I have 12 people signed up so far from other sites and clubs. If you have not been there it is a must see and it's FREE.

Comment

Just an update I have 13 people signed up. To make a point. This is not a car show if your Hot Rod, Classic or Muscle Car is not ready to roll it is OK to bring the Daily Beater or the Family Grocery getter. The main thing is to give you a chance to see how things are designed, tested and made by Edelbrock. Just remember to give me the number of people coming to the tour.

Comment

after you guys are done with your tour you can go over to the exxon plant and raise some hell with them.

Comment

PM sent yesterday.
                Thanks,
                Ran

Comment

Originally posted by kick_the_reverb
                  PM sent yesterday.
                  Thanks,
                  Ran
                  Got your PM and will see you there. ;D

Comment

Thanks...and OOPS, and another friend wanted to join, so if you could add Jeff Hanson, that'd be great.
                    Ran

Comment

Originally posted by kick_the_reverb
                      Thanks...and OOPS, and another friend wanted to join, so if you could add Jeff Hanson, that'd be great.
                      Ran

DONE

Comment

I wish I could make it, I'll be on my way to Littlerock for the Power Tour.

Comment

Chuck, on another note, is the corona coffee and cars going on on mothers day down at dos lagos. Do you know?
                          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto
                            Chuck, on another note, is the corona coffee and cars going on on mothers day down at dos lagos. Do you know?
                            Yes I will be there. Flowers for the first 50 Moms.

Comment

After ten years of working weekends; I may have convinced my boss to change my shedule to Mon thru Thurs, at least for the summer.

Do you still have room? I will know in the next in the next couple of weeks.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X