Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Barris Cruisin Back to the 50's Show '08 (Lot's of Pics!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Barris Cruisin Back to the 50's Show '08 (Lot's of Pics!!)

This is 5th annual of this show which is held in downtown Culver City, CA. Nice because it's 4 blocks from my house. After getting home at 1:30 am after racing Dulcich; I dragged my butt out of bed at 7:30 am to head here. I was still one of the last cars to show up. I like this show because the wide range and quality of the vehicles that show up.

Here's the man himself just before he does an interview. He brought out the Munster Mobile and others shown here.

I didn't know he built Herbie!!

The Cargoyle. That airbrushed gargoyle is the coolest. The blower is just for show.

Surf Wagon. And, yes it runs. Those of you who remember these kind of show cars from the 70's might like it.

There were three 57 Dual Ghia's. Rare cars powered by dual quad 392's.

Check this custom.

Here's it's ugly brother. I like it just as much. Is that a tractor radiator shroud?

Tons of customs and leads sleds. You can see my heap in the background.

An actual real 50 Merc Convert. My Dad's first car was one of these in all black.

54 Plymouth Suburban powered by an early Hemi.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: George Barris Cruisin Back to the 50's Show '08 (Lot's of Pics!!)

Check out this 67 Corvair Monza. It's powered by a mid engine BBC and a custom 2 speed transaxle.

How bout a 58 Eldorado Brougham? Only $82,500. It needed interior help.

Mercedes 190 SL with a blown sbc for heat.

This 65 Chevelle was oomfed by a turbo.

Some barn finds came too. This 67 Stang still sports it's 70's fender flares.

This old Buick race car with a massive sixer was driven to the show. Back in those days your crew chief/mechanic rode shot gun during the race.

67 Fairlane GTA with 390.

This 57 Ford had a side oiler 427 for power. I couldn't find the owner to show me.

58 Ford.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

These next two are inspiration for DF.
      The owner of this 70 Super Bird bought this as his first car. It made the mags back in the 80's. It's now sporting a large by huge Hemi and 4 inch exhaust. LOUD!! That 67 Camaro Convert behind it was another barn find just getting some fresh air.

71 Road Runner had a four barrel 400. I even like the color.

Boss 302. Though the engine had many upgrades.

Nice pair of AMC's. 69 AMX.

401 powered Javelin.

Dual quad 283 59 Vette.

This guy brought out his great aunt's 67 Olds Delta 88. 10,800 miles and original down to the air in the tires.

65 Sunbeam Tiger

Another Hearse. This one had a passenger.

Next years Lemons contender. There is a seat up in that plexi-dome.

This 67 Riviera had murals that were bordering on a R-rating. Clowns and naked ladies were all over it. Scary.

One of Culver City's landmarks is the three block long Helm's Bakery building. They once delivered fresh baked Olympia Bread all over L.A. in these little trucks. It still smells like fresh bread.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Great pics Reb, thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Reb, had a great time down memory lane.
          Just love that bread truck.

Comment

Some really cool stuff -- thanks for posting these pictures! I, too, like the bread truck and that Buick race car now that would be fun to tool down the highway in (or should I say on?).

Comment

lots of awesome cars thanks

Comment

Where I work, there is a elderado drop top just like that, only way nicer and it just sits there and rots.

Comment

Working...
                X