MAXTON: June 28-29, 2008. (Bring the Heat) 6 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MAXTON: June 28-29, 2008. (Bring the Heat) 6 Weeks

Thursday 7:30 pm. Fit drivers, sorted through data logging glitches, still need driveshaft sensor from liars @ Racepak (sorry, we forgot to ship it...) after dinner fit new drivers headrest, reinstall body, etc. Load in the am while waiting for next day UPS from Racepak; might get there by 3pm or so..... vic
    vic NASCARland

Comment

I'm leaving early in the morning and will see you suckers at the Starting Line !!

Comment

IT RUNS! Dieselgeek came through!!! Some wiring to tidy up, a relay for the fan to be hard mounted. Some niggly stuff that the teenager can do and If we don't break it tomorrow on a test run through the neighborhood and can find a trailer/tow dolly we will be down Saturday morning.

Comment

A few cars and bikes 30+ at the track a 5pm.most likely 90+ will be there.
          terry

Comment

Hope you all have a great time, wish I could be there! Go Fast!

Comment

Wish we could have made it. Actually we made it halfway but my grandmother passed away in Asheville today so we're going to stick around here for the week. Yall have a good time and go fast.

Comment

Daryl sorry for your loss.
                terry

Comment

Well, another successful weekend of Land Speed Racing at Maxton, NC with the East Coast Timing Association. Spent most of the weekend as Starter, but I did manage to get my D class license, thanks to Luke (BetterWithBoost) who graciously loaned me his '98 Camaro to go down the standing mile track. What fun !!!

Comment

Hey Guys... It really was a GREAT weekend... thanks to Steve, Luke, Dan, Gretta, Ken, Al, Donya, Kim, so on and so forth... seriously... Between the Maty boys in the tower and you folks on the ground... this thing was WICKED... we hauled some serious ass.... THANK YOU ALL for being part of it.

Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith and Tonya, Joe and Donna, all the volunteers and our fellow competitors. Got the car done, made 6 runs, licensed 2 drivers ("C") in the #906 C/GMR and couldn't go any faster with a T350 and our Bonneville gear (2.75). Met the White Monster. We all had a great time. Sorry about the speeding ticket, Keith. vic
                      vic NASCARland

Comment

Originally posted by krusty
                        Thanks Keith and Tonya, Joe and Donna, all the volunteers and our fellow competitors. Got the car done, made 6 runs, licensed 2 drivers ("C") in the #906 C/GMR and couldn't go any faster with a T350 and our Bonneville gear (2.75). Met the White Monster. We all had a great time. Sorry about the speeding ticket, Keith. vic
                        Sorry all the numbers blur together after the first 100. what were you driving?

mike

Comment

Let me add my thanks to all who came forward to help. We were a bit light on volunteers at the start of the meet, and it all worked out just fine. At one point I actually went up to the bleachers and solicited Bud and Buddy - father and son (sorry I didn't get your last names) - to staff pre-staging. They just picked it right up and did a great job. The fair Greta was excellent at timeslips, and we ended up doing just fine. Also a shout out to Marci (Tom Schaffer's sweetie) who was Al's right hand - um - person all weekend. As always, she was super. We just can't say enough for our volunteers - you're ALL the BEST.

See Y'all in September
                          Dan Stokes
                          Volunteer Coordinator, ECTA

Comment

Originally posted by terry russell
                            Daryl sorry for your loss.
                            terry
                            Thanks much

Comment

Working...
                            X