May Maxton Meet Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Maxton Meet Recap

I wanted to take a minute to send a brief update on the Maxton meet.

It was a GREAT weekend! The weather was great up until the last hour or so on Sunday - we got blown off the track. Saturday was INCREDIBLE! Lots of people got in lots of runs, no one was hurt, and we had only minor problems - no track oil-downs or such. Hopefully, Tonya will chime in with a few race results - fastest car, fastest bike - those kind of things. Lots of new records were set.

As I am wont to do, let me take a few keystrokes to thank all the volunteers, Carjunkie and otherwise. Better With Boost (Luke), White Monster (Steve), and Luke's buddy Ian (don't know his screen name), JRoberts (Joe Roberts) were all there and were indispensable. I hope I didn't leave any Carjunkies out. And of course, we had our usual wonderful contingent of non-Carjunkie vols as well. A big hand to ALL! As always, we literally couldn't do it without you.

I'll be touring the Midwest for the next 3 weeks or so and may be out of touch, so if you don't hear from me it doesn't mean I've lost interest.

Later
    Dan

Re: May Maxton Meet Recap

All I can say is 254+ on a bike. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I happened to be in the tower for this pass and I have to say that is really fast. The Viper at 200 and change looked like 100 mph after that 250 pass. Congrats to all the new record holders and our new 200 club member with a NAKED bike pass at 200.341. All in all it was a great meet (I was thier for just sat.) lost of runs and smiling faces.

mike

Comment

Oops - forgot Mike (miketblsr) and Dave (Green Junk)! Silly me. Hope there weren't too many others.

Thanks to all, again

Dan

Comment

Perfect weather... great help... some wicked fast cars...

Interestingly... folks were just "kind" the whole weekend... the event was virtually flawless... and I'm really persnicketty about this junk... this whole gig just worked... Joe and I took a ride and for the very first time in years I wasn't nervous... which means that others were making it happen... Pretty freaking cool...

Keith

Comment

Great meet.wish I could be there for both days :'(but when I get some vacation time I will be there all three days.now what to do wiht that damn bike some body threw on my trailer ;)

Comment

Glad to hear things went well. Hope to make it to the next Event.

Comment

Originally posted by terry russell
              ... now what to do wiht that damn bike some body threw on my trailer
              Terry, I know you heard him say "I don't give a sh!t about the bike ... Really !"
              .. because you replied, "You are going to take it back though, aren't you ?"
              That made me laugh ... really !!!

You should have seen the look on your wife's face ... LMAO !!!

;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                Originally posted by terry russell
                ... now what to do wiht that damn bike some body threw on my trailer
                Terry, I know you heard him say "I don't give a sh!t about the bike ... Really !"
                .. because you replied, "You are going to take it back though, aren't you ?"
                That made me laugh ... really !!!

You should have seen the look on your wife's face ... LMAO !!!

;D
                All in fun and I wanted to make her wonder what I might be up to ;)

Comment

Always keep 'em on their toes ...
                  ;)

Comment

Okay guys I'm trying this picture thing. Here is a look at May's Maxton Meet. I don't know alot of facts and figures. Perhaps Keith or some of the other folks that were at Maxton can fill in the details.

This black Studebaker comes from Maine. These folks are great. No matter what team they come down as a group. Lots of folks drive all the cars plus they have the best chase vehicles!!

Stude with General Motors Truck COE chase truck:

Samson Coupe and its chase truck:

Viper...what else is there to say. Fastest time was 208, I think:

For you Camaro guys -- this one is beautiful:

Not much of a bike guy here, but this Victory was a nice looking bike:

One of my all time favorites at Maxton is Paul Calaguiro's Ranchero. Now running a Pinto motor, the Ranchero turned in a 114+ this month. Paul and his brothers come down every meet from Ontario:

Now this is a hot rod!

VW's do run at Maxton:
                    Rabbit

Split Window Bug

What about a Crosley powered Crosley Super Sport:

Another real hot rod. I believe that this coupe has a Model B engine with an OHV conversion:

2 Stroke Harley-Davidson with blower! Boy was this thing loud!!!!

And everybody's sweetheart was this absolutely gorgeous lakester:

Check out the bomber art!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Joe....Now I know why Luke was drooling all over his phone about the Lakester...

Very Nice..Should be there in June

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        Thanks for the pictures Joe....Now I know why Luke was drooling all over his phone about the Lakester...

Very Nice..Should be there in June

Seth
                        yeh, the lakester had a lot of folks drooling. I'll be there only on Saturday, see you then.

Comment

Ahhh.... Lakester.... ;D Seriously, though,
                          what a nice weekend. The weather, cars,
                          people; everything was great.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                            And everybody's sweetheart was this absolutely gorgeous lakester:
                            Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                            ....Now I know why Luke was drooling all over his phone about the Lakester...
                            Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
                            Ahhh.... Lakester....
                            No ... Seriously !!!
                            ;D

Comment

One of the good things a Maxton you never know what car will show up.
                              terry

Comment

Working...
                              X