The Great Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Race

The great race starts in St Paul Minnesota on June 22 and ends in Mobile Alabama on June 30 .

This is the route I'd like to see HRPT take one day. It's coming close to me, may have to check it out.
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I'm the event photographer for the Great Race, and I've traveled along with it for the past couple of years. If you are ANYWHERE in the area, you need to check it out. These guys are serious about rallying, and you'll see some crazy, super old cars that manage to make it 2,000+ miles in an actual competition. This year, we're basically following the Mississippi River, making stops in a bunch of cool towns along the way. There will be around 100 cars in competition.

Comment

June 22nd, that's back to the 50's weekend! I need to try and find a map of the local route. What a cool event!
        Last edited by Hemi Joel; March 21, 2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
          June 22nd, that's back to the 50's weekend! I need to try and find a map of the local route. What a cool event!
          Yes sir it is! The Great Race actually kicks off at the Back to the '50s car show this year.

Comment

These cars will be at the Great Race .

Learn about Window World and our custom home design solutions from window replacements to exterior doors and more. Over 200 locations nationwide.

Last edited by 67ragtop; March 30, 2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

1911 Wasp

Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	868827
              Last edited by 67ragtop; March 30, 2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

The Stinger

Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	868828

Comment

The great race came out west a few years back and came through out mountain town of Big Bear Lake. It was an awesome event. While I dont have a car of those vintage years, its an event I'd sure like to participate in!
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

We watched the start of the race, they took off from Back to the 50's on Saturday. On friday, they had the cars on display and the drivers and navigators were on hand to talk about their cars and the race and stuff. I had some good conversations with them and learned a lot. The older the race car is, the larger the handicap they get. So there is some OLD stuff running this event, like a 1916 Hudson.
                    Corky Coker was one of the guys behind the microphone as the cars were starting, and he was a knowledeable, funny and entertaining M.C.
                    Defenetly a cool event!

Comment

Working...
                    X