Dragway Rock & Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragway Rock & Race

Has anyone been to this or is anyone going to this?

A buddy an I are going to try to make it there.

Cognizant Dissident

Re: Dragway Rock & Race

Yes, I went last year.....does that surprise you? ;D

It was a great time. If you're into camping, they have lots of grass and some trees. If you want a room you need to call ahead and make plans cuz there is actually nothing really, really close.

The bands were good and the burnout contest was top notch. About 1/2 dozen guys went till their tire blew. Even had a HUGE motohome there doing a burnout. Lage car show along with the racing. If I didn't have a family wedding that weekend I'd be there again this year.

Comment

Denise, is there anything you haven't been to?

Sounds like a good time. We're going to try our best to get there.
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I just checked my schedule since this was brought up and my wedding is the 19th and Rock & Race is the following weekend, 25-27. I was planning on going to Salina Kansas for the KKOA event but I'm having second thoughts about that long of a trip for a short weekend so close to my B'ville trip.

Megan and I are going to finalize our July and August plans this weekend. I just might see you at the Rock & Race. ;D

Comment

Rock and Race is July 18-20. Maybe they can move the wedding there.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
            Rock and Race is July 18-20. Maybe they can move the wedding there.
            Oh crap. I had the R&R on the wrong date on my planner. I thought it was the same as the wedding and then when I checked my planner i had it listed as the following weekend. Oh well, there's always next year.

As far as them holding the wedding there, the wedding is at Kirk in the Hills and the reception is at Meadowbrook. I know neither bride nor groom has ever stepped foot on a racetrack in their lives. ;D

Comment

I always wanted the inside of Kirk in the Hills. Let me know what it's like.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
              X