Texas Harley Racers Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Harley Racers Reunion

…The Texas Harley Racer’s Reunion “Gathering & Drags” will be held October 12th & 13th at Little River Dragway, by the same folks that for 30 years brought the Labor Day Weekend, Temple “All Harley” Party Drags to “Texas Favorite Dragstrip - Underneath The Giant Shade Trees Along The Banks Of The Little River.” BUT NOW 6 WEEKS LATER - SO EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY IT MORE COMFORTABLY.
    …The Race Program AND the PARTY will be STRONGER THAN EVER, featuring Run-What-You-Brung Top Fuel Harleys, Consolation Top Fuel Harley, Top Alcohol Harley Dragsters, and 3 Classes of Vintage Fuel Harleys from Twin Engine Nitro Dragsters on down.
    …Over 30 Harley Sportsman Trophy Classes will be Contested in Street Harley Eleminator and Modified Harley Eleminator. Throw in 2 days worth of Harley E.T. Bracket Racing too, an E.T. Bracket race for Vintage Motorcycles, a Field Meet Saturday Afternoon and a Great Saturday Nite Concert. & Little River Dragway WILL BE A “Motorcycle Gearhead’s Heaven.” Old Friends will Race & Visit & Make New Friends. Don’t Miss It - FOR, Photos & Videos of Past Temple Harley Drags, Racer & Spectator Information OR just some Interestin’ Lookin’ - CHECK OUT…….. WWW.TEXASHARLEYRACERSREUNION.COM

Open Invitation To The Texas Harley Racers Reunion “Gathering & Drags” October 12 & 13, 2013.
    Howdy Harley Drag Racing Enthusiasts -
    …For 30 times I promoted the Temple “All Harley” Party Drags at Little River Dragway on Labor Day Weekend. It had become evident during the last few years as the average age of the Harley Drag Racing Enthusiasts kept going up, that in able to keep our annual “gathering” together drastic changes in both the “dates” and the “racing program” had to be made…
    …Also - In realization of everyone’s advancing years and the NEED to bring the “Excitement and Intensity” of a pair of Hot Harleys SCREAMING OFF THE STARTING LINE - Doin’ Everything They Can To Turn On The WIN LIGHT at the end of the track to a WHOLE NEW GENERATION of Harley Enthusiasts, we’ve decided to Emphasize along with DRAGS the “word” and meaning of “GATHERING”.
    …When I first decided to keep the TRADITION of our Labor Day Weekend Drags going - but 6 weeks later in the year so that Enthusiasts would be “more comfortable” weather wise - I just named the race The Texas Harley Racers Reunion. Thinking of it later, I realized that what I really wanted to accomplish was a “Gathering” of all the folks that had enjoyed being at Little River Dragway Labor Day Weekends. I realized that since those 30 great races has passed, that many of the racers have passed or have aged to the point of not racing anymore or just don’t have the desire in them to make a HARD LAP anymore, AND I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE THEM OUT… I Don’t Want Them To NOT COME Because They Think They Have To “Keep Up” or “Prove Something”..
    …ALSO - I didn’t want the “Young Guns” to feel like they’re not welcome - just because they were growing up while the “Old Hands” were spending decades at dragstrips and that “Young Harley Freaks” didn’t belong at a “Reunion” race..
    ….SO - I changed the race’s name… A while back all the advertising started saying - The Texas Harley Racers Reunion “Gathering & Drags”
    ….If you want to come and set your HARLEY on “KILL” - We’re going to have a place for you to race “For Keeps“. If you want to come and make an “Easy Exhibition Pass” just to play with your bike, we’ll have opportunities for you to do that too. If you want to come and just light it & let folks hear it run OR if you want to set your stuff up and show it to probably the most appreciative and knowledgeable bunch of Harley Folks that you’ll ever see assembled in one place, we’d BE PROUD to have you that way too..
    …Matter of Fact, If you’d just like to come and enjoy watching everybody else enjoy - Sit On The Bleachers and Drink a Cold One - We’d be happy to have you come and DO THAT!!!!!
    …There’s gonna be a SERIOUS “Knock Down - Drag Out” Open Fuel Eleminator for modern Nitro Harleys, a Run What You Brung Top Alcohol Eleminator, Street Harley Eleminator and Modified Harley Eleminator, Harley E.T. Bracket Racing, 3 Classes of Vintage Nitro Harley Eleminators, Vintage Gas Harley Dragster Eleminator and probably even some other interesting Vintage Motorcycles going down the Historic Little River Dragway’s 1/8th mile October 12th & 13th… We sure are trying to put together a fun weekend for everybody - SO….
    …Please - Take This As Mine & My Wife Evelyn’s - PERSONAL INVITATION.
    Red Roberts

Comment

Working...
    X