X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad54 2.0
    replied
    One Week!
    Check for updates on details as they come in, shoot me an email with any questions at [email protected], or check my website which will be updated by Monday at www.gearjamdrags.com

Camping: The track management said camp fires are allowed now. I, however, ask that you put it in some kind of off-the-ground container... we don't need a bush fire!

Racers and swap meet vendors will be allowed to sleep overnight inside the fence; entry for them is 10pm to 12pm, OR, they can come in earlier if they want to pay to watch Friday Night Test and Tune. Track's rules.

If you're thinking about racing, but are concerned about the wheels requirement, we have relaxed the drag cars wheels requirement for this year. Wheels SHOULD be traditionally styled on drag cars, but we're not gonna send you home if you've got Super Tricks or modern wheels on your Nostalgia Super Stocker.

I'd also like to let everyone know Snake & Mongoo$e is playing at the Commerce cinema, and we may work something out for a showing on Friday night after Cruisin Commerce.
    Stay tuned.

-Brad

Leave a comment:

• The Gear Jam Vintage Drags, Rod n Custom Show, Swap Meet; Sept. 28

The rescheduled Gear Jam vintage drags, traditional hot rod n custom show and swap meet is September 28 at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia, with a cruise-in/concert Friday night September 27 the historic downtown area.

Cruisin’ Commerce on Friday Night from 6-10pm, with cruising on the main street, VIP hot rod parking, food tents, a beer garden and live music by Hot Rod Walt and the Psycho Devilles!

Saturday’s event features Race classes for Gasser, Front Engine Dragster, Hot Rod and Muscle Car (1974 and older), with attention paid to the cars looking like they’re from the ‘60s, not modern “Pro” style builds.

Heads-up racing with qualifying in the morning, and then the hard cases run a Quick 8 Elimination for $1,000 per class purse money, while everyone else is paired with the car (in class) closest to your ET for a best 2-out-of-3 shootout eliminations—Everyone gets to race all day, nobody gets put on the trailer, nobody gets their doors blown off, and nobody watches staggered-start racing. It should be fun for everyone, whether you run 7 or 17 seconds!

At the end, we’ll take the class winners and the four fastest non-qualifiers from the field for a final Mr. Eliminator.

Tech cards are $50, and gets the driver, your pit kitty and little grease monkeys in.
    Gear Jam Car Show is for traditionally-styled 1966 and older cars, trucks and motorcycles. “Traditionally styled” meaning pastel or monochrome paint jobs and 20-inch Boyd wheels with rubber bands, or Pro-Street Camaros and the like will be in the parking lot.

Show Car entry is $35, and gets the driver, your chick and little grease monkeys in. (Immediate family.) This includes test-n-tune passes during the day.
    All other adults, race crew and spectators are $10 each. Kids 12-under free.

Show awards and sponsors are:
    Flat-out Bitchin! -- The Sock F'ers cc
    Best Paint-- The TW's cc
    Best Survivor -- The Cross Members cc
    Best Tradtional-- The Iron Lords cc
    Trick Truck-- W&H Restoration and Performance
    Best Use of Louvers-- Bright Star Hot Rods
    Best Engine—US Army
    Best Custom—RollFast Customs
    Quality Breakage—Bethlehem Steel & Iron
    Just Kicks Ass!—The Roadents cc
    Best Hot Rod on Cokers—Coker Tire

If your club or shop wants to sponsor a trophy, let me know.
    Classes still available are:

Best Race Car
    Best Wheelie
    Best Interior

Don’t see one you like? Then make one up and we’ll add it!

Swap Meet
    We’re anticipating between 175-250 vendors, based on the vendor count for our monthly NE Georgia Swap Meet, put on by us at the same location. We had over 230 vendors for our August swap meet.

Spaces are $25 for all the space you want, and that gets you and a helper in the gate.
    Manufacturer’s Midway: $100, for as much space as you need and passes for your crew.

Back-up Girl Contest sponsored by Rich Venza’s FaceBook Back-Up-Girls page. $100 Cash prize
    Burn-out contest sponsored by Hot Rod Deluxe Magazine. Prize to be announced.
    For more information, go to www.gearjamdrags.com, shoot me an email directly at [email protected], or call (706) 424-5035
Working...
X