Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join the CarJunkieTV DRAG BASH July 24-27. UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! Directions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the CarJunkieTV DRAG BASH July 24-27. UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! Directions...

This is our first drag racing event, and it should be super easy and super fun for all.

We got to thinking about how guys used to say they could run two or three tracks per weekend in SoCal back in the '60s, so we looked at a calendar and a map to see if we could do the same thing. We can! Here's how the schedule will go:

July 24: Irwindale 1/8-mile test n tune, 4-10 pm.
    July 25: PSCA test n tune at Fontana, 12-6 pm
    July 26: Test n tune at Barona 1/8-mile starting at 2:00
    July 27: Test n Tune at Irwindale 1/8-mile 10am-4 pm

These are all open test days at these tracks; they are not special rentals just for us, so we can't really control parking or anything like that. The CJTV Drag Bash is nothing more than an anouncement that we will be there at all these tracks each day driving our own cars, and we want you to come along. No rules (other than track safety, not enforced by us), no et limits, no prizes. Just fun and some great video shoots.

We'll also announce drive times and maps so we can all caravan together. Come for one day, come for two, or come the entire time. It doesn't matter to us, but we'd like to see as many of you as we can. We'll get T-shirts and stickers done so we can spot each other (Chassisman, are you listening?)

Please rsvp here if you think you can make it, or ask any questions.

Hope to see you there.

DF

Re: Join the CarJunkieTV DRAG BASH July 24-27. All for fun!

yeah, I'll see you guys at Barona. I'll be the guy with the broken 10 bolt under the 4th gen Camaro

Comment

Hmmm thats my birthday weekend.....I wonder...got to check the finances......

Comment

Hmm, I do have those days off. Like Joe I better check the finances. Joe if you take the Fury I'll bring my Tank (Centurion) ;) Otherwise I've always wanted to take the T-bird down the track. I'll be working on it this week so I'll see how it goes.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Those are to far away for me. PLEASE post PICS.

Comment

I know I can make the first Irwindale night run. As for the others, maybe Fontana or the other Irwindale. Damn, that means i gotta get my drag radials mounted on something.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
              We'll get T-shirts and stickers done so we can spot each other
              Sweet, I'm in !!!

Comment

You guys need to move to the midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                  Sweet, I'm in !!!
                  You're coming from Florida?

Comment

That's odd.... I didn't see Heartland Park Topeka on the schedule.

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      Originally posted by White Monster
                      Sweet, I'm in !!!
                      You're coming from Florida?
                      Oops, I meant I'm in for a T-shirt, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                        Hmmm thats my birthday weekend.....I wonder...got to check the finances......
                        Hey that's my B-day weekend to, it's on the 26th.

Comment

My junk is still apart. :'( If I'm lucky, that will be engine assembly weekend.

Comment

Ill definately be Racing at Irwindale Thursday nite, maybe Fontana to watch on friday, and possibly back at irwindale on sunday most likely watching as I need the car in one piece to get to work on monday..

Comment

Why is all of the fun stuff on the West coast, this is probably one of the only times I wish I lived in California. The rest of the time I am glad that I live in the land of corn.

Comment

Working...
                              X