Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join the CarJunkieTV DRAG BASH July 24-27. UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! Directions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the CarJunkieTV DRAG BASH July 24-27. UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! Directions...

Sat was a beautiful day at Barona...the place is kinda the Sedona AZ of dragstrips anyway, in a valley up in the hills with rocky cliffs on either side for the sunset to shine off of...They were doing test n' tune runs all afternoon and evening, with "quiet times" interspersed so the bands could play. The CarJunkie crew wandered around getting video and still pix, I kicked back with my wife and her sister then in the evening met up with some friends who had put together a flathead-powered rat rod in the space of just a few days last week, special for this event...and also remembered to bring the beer. They got a pretty hilarious trophy made up of a portion of a camshaft and some other junk. Nice time.

The Challenger ran 7.60/97mph, then had a radiator problem. 3,440 lbs, full street trim, no power adders but great cyl heads. Could do better with somebody who can actually drive a drag car (not me...).

CarJunkie Chev wagon is too cool. Looks like Matt King's old wheels on it.

Comment

Working...
    X