2014 Northeast Rod Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Northeast Rod Run

It's that time of year again where the plans start coming together for the following year's trip. This will be our 8th trip in 7 years.

Over the last couple of years, the main thread for the trip has been posted in the HRPT section of the forum, but I still like to keep people updated over in this section too, because this is where it all got started. Anyway.....................

For the first time ever, we are kicking things off on Massachusett's coast.

As things look right now, Friday's short drive should consist of a stop at a National Park and then a visit to a medieval-style castle directly on the Atlantic's rocky coast, before continuing north through some historic seaports on the way to our final destination in a small seaside community with a bustling 'walkable' downtown shopping area.

Saturday will have much more coastal driving up though New Hampshire & possibly Maine before heading west into the Lakes Region of NH. We will be visiting a couple of different types of museums on this day, before hopefully finding ourselves bunking on the shores of one of New Hampshire's biggest lakes

Sunday will probably find us touching on the White Mountain National Forest, on our way to northern Vermont and/or possibly New York

As always, Monday will bring an end to our trip but there should also be something planned for that day

We have already started booking our first hotel rooms, but much more info will be coming out on NERR's website over the coming weeks and months.

Hope to see many familiar faces along with hopefully some new ones too
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

I anyone has any questions, the quickest way to get your answers is to head over to www.northeastrodrun.com

Comment

We now have hotel booking info up on NERR's site, for the first two nights. Sunday night's hotel is still being worked on. That info should be out by the end of January.

Comment

We are now booking all 3 nights of the trip!

As always, don't wait to long to book your rooms, because these hotels usually sell out months in advance. I also figured I'd throw this little montage together to keep the fire burning, while we all wait to start the trip. Hope you all enjoy!

I tired to get the actual video to embed in the post, but couldn't get it to work, so you'll have to click on one of the links instead. Sorry

Comment

Just got word from someone who just this morning, booked their rooms for NERR 2014 and they told me that already, there are only a handful of rooms left.

IF YOU PLAN ON JOINING US IN OCTOBER, DO NOT WAIT TO BOOK YOUR ROOMS!!!!!

That is peak season for the area and rooms fill fast. If you book now, you are guaranteed to be with the group. If you wait, you will have to find your own lodging and you can end up spending almost $80.00 more per night.... If you can even find a room

Don't say you haven't been warned............
          Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; February 1, 2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X