Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Get-Together

Hi All -
    I've already contacted a couple of you, but anyone who is interested - I'll be in Ann Arbor, Michigan from July 25th. thru August 1, give or take a day, and would love to get together with as many of you as can make it. The last time, we met at the Sidetrack in Ypsilanti on a Thursday (which would be 08/31), but any day is OK with me. On the first, I'll be driving up to Pentwater to see friends, then onto the ferry and across to St. Paul to check in with the grandkinder. Then the Grand Canyon. Should be a cool trip. So anyway, anyone who can make it, please PM me and we'll work it out. I'll have Beaux the wonder dog with me, as Mary Ellen will be in Wisconsin at a violin institute.

Min - I know it's hard for you to get away, so I'm planning to make a drive up during the week to meet you. Seems like the right thing to do. I'll let you know when once I know my schedule a bit better.

Later
    Dan

Re: Michigan Get-Together

Bad timing for me. I'm leaving on Thursday the 24th for Salina Kansas for the KKOA event and will return late in the evening on Sunday the 27th. The Oldsmobile Nationals starts on Wed the 30th at the Dearborn Hyatt Regency. I'm taking Big Olds and will also have a swap space there with Rusty Olds and a few '56 Olds bits and pieces to sell. That Monday and Tuesday I will be gathering, pricing and packing stuff between loads of laundry and mowing the grass. ;D

Comment

You will be missed! Are you taking Rusty Olds to sell? I sure hope not!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
        You will be missed! Are you taking Rusty Olds to sell? I sure hope not!

Dan
        Yes, I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT want to spend the next 7-10 years building another car. I have decided to use those resources (time and money) to travel in Big odls to events all over the country since that is what I truely enjoy doing.

Of course there will be garage time keeping Big Olds up and doing little things here and there BUT I do not want to spend every weekend in the garage all winter long nor do I want to be broke during the summer months and not have any money to go places.

I've thought long and hard on this and made a few other major decision for my life as well. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          Hi All -
          I've already contacted a couple of you, but anyone who is interested - I'll be in Ann Arbor, Michigan from July 25th. thru August 1, give or take a day, and would love to get together with as many of you as can make it. The last time, we met at the Sidetrack in Ypsilanti on a Thursday (which would be 08/31), but any day is OK with me. On the first, I'll be driving up to Pentwater to see friends, then onto the ferry and across to St. Paul to check in with the grandkinder. Then the Grand Canyon. Should be a cool trip. So anyway, anyone who can make it, please PM me and we'll work it out. I'll have Beaux the wonder dog with me, as Mary Ellen will be in Wisconsin at a violin institute.

Min - I know it's hard for you to get away, so I'm planning to make a drive up during the week to meet you. Seems like the right thing to do. I'll let you know when once I know my schedule a bit better.

Later
          Dan
          That's awesome!

I'll PM the address to my work, unless your gonna be around Lansing, after 5pm.
          Look for it after I get home.
          I try not to spend too much time here, when I'm at work. ;D

Comment

Would be great to see you again Dan.....You should drop by the house...I only live 30 minutes north of Ann Arbor

I'm sure Sarah would be glad to cook you your favorite meal....I will be available for a meet and greet that first weekend you are here and up until Wednesday of the following week....Then Brian and I will be roadtripping my new Malibu home from MA.....

Hope to see you..

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Seth -
              Luke (betterwithboost, for those on the forum - Seth's bro) stopped by yesterday and we had a nice chat. He didn't have time to stay for dinner, but we will get together the next time he's in Wilmington.

We'll definitely get together at some point - haven't set up the get-together yet, but hopefully you, the bride, and yer favorite kiddo can join in.

I'll PM my phone number in a bit.

Dan

Comment

I'm all over it! I'm in Vegas this coming weekend, but will be in town next weekend.

In fact - isn't the telegraph cruise the 26th?

I may be able to bring home an interesting vehicle - and could make a road trip to Seth's - or would be open to whatever works for everyone else.

I have spent WAY too much time this year working on the house and precious few minutes enjoying my car hobby - I'm far overdue for this type of thing!

Dan -- we didn't get a chance to talk Chevy I6s last time - if you have time - we can spend some time at my shop with the old '54 and see what you think - I'm open to any and all suggestions and ideas!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Damn, there's a Cougar club show in that area this weekend as well, would be a great trip for me. Not going to happen though. >

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

So far, it's me and you, John. Dave (std) may make it, but I haven't heard back yet. My friend Susan will likely come along - she was at Sidetrack last time. We could go bother Seth if you want - let's see what Dave has to say. Denise can't make it - I told her that she can just send Big Olds.

Later
                    Dan

Comment

Come on up....As long as I let the wife know when I am sure she will be more than happy to have the company.

Too bad it isn't a week later. I could have shown off the new Hot Rod ;D

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I'm scheduled to go to Texas on the 29th, if my foot is healed up enough. I'd like to get together, though.
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Thats a busy week for me, but keep us updated as ill try to make it work.

Comment

Seth - it sounds like you are about 40 minutes or so from were my workshop is in Canton.

If you have a need to put that chebby up in the air for some surgery - let me know - perhaps we can work out some kind of worksharing thing -- nothing like the back scratching network to help make major strides on a project.

I have lots of things I could use some mehcanical help with around - and not enough friends with the mechanical ability - or motivation!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Milner351- Sounds good....I will have to drop by soon...PM me your workshop address and Cell #...

I actually might be down in the area tomorrow (Friday) and I could drop by if you are going to be around....

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X