San Bernardino CA - RT. 66 RENDEZVOUS Sept 18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino CA - RT. 66 RENDEZVOUS Sept 18-21

For a weekend each September, San Bernardino CA shuts down the entire center of town and hosts the Route 66 Rendezvous...1,500+ cars, a 35-block cruise route that's like a 2-day parade of hot rods, and at least a couple of hundred thousand spectators (they claim half-a-million for the total event). Saturday night is a zoo---fun stuff.

It's the one car event in the year we don't miss, typically we camp an RV in a parking lot along the route and meet up with however-many old freinds for BBQ and a good time with cars. Food and merchandise booths, carnival rides and other things keep even the wife and kids occupied.

Route 66 | Historic US Highway Site

If you don't enter a car at least show up for Sat. afternoon and plan on staying into the evening. It's a good time you won't soon forget.

Re: San Bernardino CA - RT. 66 RENDEZVOUS Sept 18-21

i go almost every year, it is an awesome time. i wont be able to make it this year though im in DG's wedding so hope everyone has fun.

Comment

I will definitely be there, go each year. I am not putting a car in though. Its a huge event, such that I never get to see all the cars. Feet cant keep up with all that walking.
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

I'd forgotten about that one. We'll see if we can make it out.

Comment

Yup, fun weekend, I won open header contest for the loudest, year before last with my Jeep... Won a free engine from Waynes, good stuff

Comment

Working...
          X