Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Fling XIII Van Nuys Ca Sat. Oct 18, 2008 Mopar show/swap

Fall Fling XIII Mopar show in Van Nuys, CA on Saturday October 18, 2008

Who’s coming out? What car are you bringing?

Info: www.cpwclub.com/fallfling.html

Flyers and registrations are onllne at:
    Fall Fling XIII Sat Oct 18, 2008 Flyer Page 1

Fall Fling XIII Sat Oct 18, 2008 Flyer Page 2

The Mopars at the Playboy Mansion Event hosted by Mopar Collector's Guide will be the night before. All of those cars are invited to display in a special area at Fall Fling the next morning.

To give you an idea of the type of cars you'll see at Fall Fling from the Mansion event:
    Cars at last year's Mopar at the Mansion

Fall Fling is a Show and Shine show held at Woodley Park in Van Nuys on Saturday October 18, 2008. Any Mopar and all conditions welcome. Mopars of Merit Ribbons awarded. The show is entirely held on a shaded tree adorned grass covered park. There’s a shaded picnic area with food court. BBQ’s ok too.

Bring your show queen, project, daily driver... It's a great oppurtunity to meet other Mopar owners and do some valuable networking.

SATURDAY
    Fall Fling XIII
    Parts exchange 7am
    Manuf midway
    Show & Shine 8am

Fall Fling 2007 pictures

E-bodies

Pictures from last year:

Re: Fall Fling XIII Van Nuys Ca Sat. Oct 18, 2008 show/swap

Pretty sure we'll be there!

Comment

Re: Fall Fling XIII Van Nuys Ca Sat. Oct 18, 2008 show/swap

Originally posted by Freiburger
      Pretty sure we'll be there!
      Sweet !!

The 1972 SS/EA Record holder will be on display. It was barn found recently. Hasn't even been taken of the trailer it was found on yet. Graphics are off of it, paint faded, some primer spots...

Comment

Re: Fall Fling XIII Van Nuys Ca Sat. Oct 18, 2008 Mopar show/swap

How far away will I have to park my Chevy if I want to go?
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

<Violently ranting as I will not be able to attend this one...>
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            No further than going to Pomona swap meet. Parking in lot right in front of show, across the street at the dirt lot at the entry to the model field (only the entry), across the street at the driveway to the golf course in the overflow parking lot (use the tunnel underpass to cross street), or on the east side of Woodley Ave in front of the park (after 10am),

Just NO PARKING on the curbed sidewalk west of Woodley Park itself. Also NO PARKING in the model field parking lot.

Comment

Not far, but if you drive into the show area with a Chevy pickup like I did for spring, you'll catch some nasty comments. Part of the fun of being a "moderate" Mopar guy is pissin' off the hard-core's.

They always do a super-nice event. That park is beautiful and the whole variety of cars shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
                Not far, but if you drive into the show area with a Chevy pickup like I did for spring, you'll catch some nasty comments. Part of the fun of being a "moderate" Mopar guy is pissin' off the hard-core's.

They always do a super-nice event. That park is beautiful and the whole variety of cars shows up.
                Was your's the one with the Mopar motor? I remember something like that now that you mention it. Made us think twice. Obviously you ate that up.... It is a Mopar show. So if a car has a Non factory mopar engine OR non factory mopar body which way do you draw the line? Or do you draw a line? There are grey areas.

Jensen Inteceptor, Ghia, Cunningham, etc have Mopar motors but the non Mopar bodies were factory delivered like that.

Why not bring your Challenger and tow it with a mopar powered chevy.

Comment

Naw, mine was a Chevy-powered Chevy but I used it to haul my Challenger up from San Diego. I might have wished the truck were something else to be sure, as I had started out Sat. and then had to turn at halfway and come back due to mech problems. Was pretty pissed about missing Saturday night. I did make it for Sunday, you guys were kind enough to give me a nice little hardwood plaque for pro-street. That truck is not a reliable vehicle but I ain't gonna drive that car that far.

I am unsure about making it for fall, might just come w/o car. A buddy's 383 Duster is in my garage apart and unfortunately won't be together again in time either. Both cars will be back for Spring.

Comment

So... a few days out. Who is going for sure?
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Naw, mine was a Chevy-powered Chevy but I used it to haul my Challenger up from San Diego. I might have wished the truck were something else to be sure, as I had started out Sat. and then had to turn at halfway and come back due to mech problems. Was pretty pissed about missing Saturday night. I did make it for Sunday, you guys were kind enough to give me a nice little hardwood plaque for pro-street. That truck is not a reliable vehicle but I ain't gonna drive that car that far.

I am unsure about making it for fall, might just come w/o car. A buddy's 383 Duster is in my garage apart and unfortunately won't be together again in time either. Both cars will be back for Spring.
                      Oh I remember you. I think you were debating about E-body Modified or Pro Street. I think I guided you over to Pro Street. How did you like those trophies?

I hate that fake plastic stuff. We only give out ~120 trophies for 500+ cars. So I figure if the cars are that nice, the trophies should be too. Problem is they are so darn expensive. About $45 each after I got 100 of them!

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
                        So... a few days out. Who is going for sure?
                        There will be some very neat cars at Fall Fling comming over from the Playboy Mansion Event that is the night before. I expect some well known drag cars. Last year they had the Sox and Martin Pro Stock 70 Cuda, 71 Dick Landy Pro Stock Challenger, 71 Rod Shop Charger. Even Petty's 71 Road Runner championship car. Last years pics here: http://www.moparsatthemansion.com/2007roster.htm

Should be the same caliber of cars this year.

One of the two remaining Fury's from the movie Christine will be there. They're not listing what cars will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by autoxcuda

Oh I remember you. I think you were debating about E-body Modified or Pro Street. I think I guided you over to Pro Street. How did you like those trophies?

I hate that fake plastic stuff. We only give out ~120 trophies for 500+ cars. So I figure if the cars are that nice, the trophies should be too. Problem is they are so darn expensive. About $45 each after I got 100 of them!
                          Yeah that'd be me...hope I wasn't too grumpy. I was super tired after the drive up and back Saturday then working on my truck in the driveway 'til midnight. This after the usual pre-trip prep and rush. I asked my early-riser wife to wake me at 5am Sunday so I could shower and hit the road on time, she decided to let me sleep instead. When I did wake I was out the door directly then had a 45 min detour due to road construction. 70mph the whole way, hoping the truck would stay together. I got in the gate at the park a little ahead of cut-off then about tore the front valance off the car when it caught on a bolt head on the trailer while backing off. I repaired it using blocks of wood and was just looking to park the car then go back to sleep on a blanket but lots of friends showed up so that didn't happen.

Still had a great time and any award from you guys is a prestigious thing. Judging is detailed and pro. I told my wife when I got back that I could die now, I got a first at Spring Fling. I haven't actually had the Chall out much, police in my town are real boogers and I don't need a ticket collection. At 3440 lbs it's supposed to run low tens on the motor but I still have some work to do for that. It'll do a 100mph 1/8th now. 95% of the work on the car is my own, I bought it dead-stock years ago.

You should see a 340 Cuda, a "clone" T/A Challenger and a Hemi B-body that friends are bringing this time.

I bet those plaques were pricey. Nice stuff. I have a couple plastic trophys from another car, they sit in the closet while the plaque gets prominent display...

Comment

Working...
                          X