LSX Shootout pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSX Shootout pics.

K guys and gals here is a few pics from this weekends adventure.
    I'll apologize up front without knowing if it's necessary, hope the pics aren't to big or to small. I'm about to fall asleep at my desk and didn't feel like editing any of them. hope you enjoy.

Here is the Pumpkin she ran a 9.41 148mph

Jet car, a big crowd favorite. She put down a 5.55 at 294mph.

Here is a few from the car show.

This car was absolutely sweet, unrested stocker 1965-69.

This car was gorgeous both in and out, the pic doesn't do the paint justice

This is Mr. Reeds chief designer for the new camaro.

everyone should remember this car from the news article.

I think I couldn't find an angle that this car didn't look god. Lets hope that spoiler is functional.

Chad wrenching on the Holley.

David going for a wild 13.8 he broke out.

at this point, who wasn't tired.

Sunday evening tuning, after it was all over. gettin ready for K C.

der, I have a phone too.

Me to, Me to.

Off to frascico's we go, time to eat and get home, it was about 8:30 sunday evening.

What a blast, i had a great time. Hope we can meet up again soon. Maybe with some more junkies next time.

Chris

Re: LSX Shootout pics.

Great pics, thanks! looks like typical CJTV mayhem....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
      Great pics, thanks! looks like typical CJTV mayhem....

x2
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

did you guys take any pics down on beale st. show all the guys what they missed. I have been there and it is awesome.

Comment

I've got some on that phone in the der, i have a phone to (pic). Just haven't been able to get them off yet.
          I'll post em up as soon as i can.
          CHRIS

Comment

The truck resembles a washing machine going down the track. I love it!

Comment

Nice pics Chris, I tried to post some Beal St. pics, but I lost my conection, I will try again tomorrow, Heck here is one...

12 hour ride, 700+mi, and I'm tired,,,,,,,,good night
              Living the dream!

Comment

Well I just have wound down from my return trip the LSX Shootout....I just want to say how great a time I had in Memphis this weekend. Im glad Chris that Sam & you made it home safely and I can understand your being tired. I called Bigbuds1 from the road today about 2:00 pm and Im happy to say that Karl & he were about cruise through Bristol, TN. I did the junkyard crawl today before I left Memphis today looking for some interior pieces for my 86 Regal project. At the U-Pull-It I scored a console for $10.00 but didnt find any decent bucket seats. It will need some work.........

Instead of starting another thread I decided to attach on to yours Chris if you don't mind. So here goes.....

while heading to the "LSX CJTV Thrash Tour" my 98 GMC reached a milestone 200K on the odometer

I arrived in Memphis about 7:00 that morning with the mission of retrieving windsheild wipers arms for the truck so it could pass tech for the street class they hoped to compete in. I scored 2 wiper arms & 2 4g battery cables for $10.00 bucks at Pull-a-part junkyard that opened at 8:00 am.

By 9:00 am I headed to Memphis Motorsports Park took a while to get in & find a park.

While waiting for everyone to show up I took a few sights.......

This guy here was parked near me in the grass.....his wife & him competed in LSX Shootout...which he drove their tow vehicle in the TSX-M class & she the Camaro in another LSX class

Later received a call from from Buddy(Bigbuds1) & Karl letting me know they made it....

After introductions we did what Carjunkies do best.......take in the sights....

How about a LS2 powered S-10.......

I wonder what the guy on the wall found more interesting than what was in front of me...

Maybe it was this...

Finally DF & Chad are on the scene.....dont those facial expressions say it all.........

After missing qualifing for the classes they wanted to compete in they must decide of whats left where to place the "best road tested LS6 powered truck in America" in.....

Photographers from Chevy High Performance are impressed...

DF had to make a qualifing pass after just getting here, picking an index, & after a serious hot lap from Cali........

Here Chris & Sam have been on the scene for awhile now......this completes our "Forum Freaks LSX Shootout" pit crew...here DF discusses the 14.03 run with the crew.

A decision is made to make jet changes to the carb.........while "Mr. Professional" sits in the back ground......

Chad & his mom making introductions to "Mr. Professional & crew".........

At this point its time put Chad & DF to bed the day is over......meanwhile the "Forum Freaks LSX Shootout" pit crew decides to hit the town. We saddle up & head over to Corky's for Memphis style bar-b-q.
                Now I must preface this part...you by now have seen some of the Beale St. pics by Chris(CM325) & Buddy(Bigbuds1)
                before I post mine I must tell Im actually not picture taker. But before we went to Corky's Buddy & me knocked back a few(about 4 a piece) then we ordered 2 pitchers of Corky's house brew at $14.50 a pitcher(no joke). This pictures quality is actually representative of Chris, Buddy, & mine state of impaired vision when leaving Corky's........

Now after we make our way carefully back to the Motel 6 we decide to do the right........knock back a few more & call a cab to take us to Beale St. We ask the cabby to take us to the Peabody Hotel to see ducks what we didnt know the ducks come down at 11:00am & go to bed at 5:00pm which is probably the same time we should have made Chad & DF go to bed. So next we head to Beale & get the 1st round of Big Ass Beers(thanks Chris), we walk, talk, & listen, get a 2nd round of Big Ass Beers(thanks me)...so this next photo is what I see & actually how our vision is working by know....
                Now if you really look close you should recognize the young lady in the photo she is hugging another girl in a earlier photo I took.......look at Bigbuds1's eyes he seeing double but was still able to recognize her.....Buddy has skills!!!

After one more round of Big Ass Beers(thanks Buddy) we call a cab & hit the rack at 02:25 am

For some reason the "Forum Freaks LSX Shootout" pit crew makes it to the track at 09:50 am but the truck already ran & we miss it(some crew we turned out to be). Here are more photos from the rest of Sunday..........

This is my favorite photo catching Chad's parents filming him going through the traps....Judy is making sure Walt gets the pass recorded.

I hope I was able to fill in a few gaps for this terrific weekend but I leave you with this parting shot
                from my trip home while looking for a GN/Type-T junkyard I found these.........
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Nice pics Dewayne,It was my pleasure to meet you, also Chris, Sam, and Walt and Judy (Chads parents). Quick story on "Mr Professional", there is this dude running a Indy 500 anniversary Corvette in the Shoutout who we were told we could pit next to,,,,,,,,(here is sportsmanship at its lowest), DF and Chad have to quickly make it down to staging, they fire up the truck and head off,,,,all of a sudden "Mr Professional" jumps and starts pointing fingers,,, ARE YOU IN CHARGE? first to 383s-10, then to me same question,ARE YOU IN CHARGE?, he's hot. Apparently when the truck started up the exhaust blew some dust and grass towards him while he was eating a sandwich. Vains popping he wanted to let loose on someone, Chads mom Judy, walks up to this guy and diffuses him, she empathises with him, apologises for the hole unruly lot of us and we never heard a nother word out of him. I think with all the hoopla going around the missmatched primered truck , the attention from Chevy Hi PO photographers to GM Performance big wigs around he felt a bit diminished with his shinny Corvette. IMO
                  Living the dream!

Comment

More great pics, thanks!
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well........ ARE YOU IN CHARGE?

I guess some people just take themselves a little too seriously.
                      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Great pics. Did anyone see the crew from Car Craft there on Saturday?
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks yall.......on another site it said that over 10 magazines, 1 tv show, & 1 multi-media outlet was present this weekend. Personally I saw Chevy Hi-Performance & GM Performance come to shoot the truck with in 1 hour of its arrival at the track. Also GM Parts shot photos of the truck mainly concentrating on the engine install & installation kit used.
                          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Yeah, they can photoshop that out, To be honest though i liked the fact that it had a bolt sticking in a hose. The truck had so many choice pieces on it, that the paint and that hose along with the butchered bed mad it feel like a project that you would see in a buddies garage, not some over the top build where money was thrown at it.

Comment

thanks for posting the pics

al
                              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X