X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGD 09 is not happening

I ventured over to hot rods website and saw this

"Hello all,

I'm really sad to tell you all this, but the PGDs will not be happening for 2009.

Between the economy, paper costs, printing costs, reduced circulation, reduced advertising, and a thousand other factors, your loyal edit staff has to justify these events and make money at them, and PGD has lost money every year. That's been okay, since it was an editorial project and we got away with it on those terms, but that ship has sailed, at least for now. So it kills me to say, officially, that there will be no Pump Gas Drags for 2009.

That's not to say that it's totally dead. If we can bring it back in '10 with a new scheme to make money at it (or at the very least break even) we'll do it. Until then, keep the faith. I personally invite any past participants of PGD to come to Drag Week (you'll enjoy it, I promise) or Power Tour (same deal). Call me personally -- if you don't have my direct number, you can find someone who does on this board and I'll try to set you up with a deal on registration.

Sorry for the bad news folks. I wish I didn't have to deliver it. "

Kinnan
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Re: PGD 09 is not happening

>

Comment

That blows

Not that it was much of a surprise though

Comment

Makes you wonder how long before the same happens to DW

Comment

Working...