Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stop light drags at beaversprings dragway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop light drags at beaversprings dragway!

We just put this together for this coming year.
    The Garage Club presents...

Heads Up Stop Light Drags
    Real Street Racing

The Beaver brings back real racing.
    A new series, third Saturday of the month.
    June 21, July 19, August 23, September 20
    Heads Up - Flat Out - First to the finish
    No Time Slips No Scoreboards

RULES ARE SIMPLE
    Licensed, Inspected, Real paper work, Legal exhaust, DOT's
    NO Trailers: All cars must be driven through the gate.
    However, off site trailer parking at the Bean field for a $5.00 donation to DRAW.
    When you sign in you'll get a tech card and a Post-a-note PINK SLIP.
    The PINK SLIP is your ticket to compete in the Street Race portion of the event.

CLASSES: No time slips - No Scoreboards!!
    King Street: The 8 fastest cars of the night.
    Hot Street: Any car with NOS, Turbo or Supercharger
    Real Street: Any naturally aspirated car
    Tuner Street: Sport Compacts, 4's, 6's FWD. Power adders are legal

GRUDGE RACES: No time slips - No Scoreboards!!
    You can grudge race anyone from 4:00 until 7:30 or you can just make as many passes as you want. The lanes are open for over three hours.

The STREET RACES: Racing for PINKS
    No time slips - No Scoreboards!!
    All races are run on a .500 Pro Tree. Heads up, first to the finish. When your class is called, you come to the staging lanes with your "PINK SLIP" stuck to the inside of
    your drivers window. You race a car and win, you take his PINK SLIP. You continue
    to race until you lose your PINK SLIP. Last man standing is the winner.

KING STREET: No time slips - No Scoreboards!!
    King Street is a qualified field for the 8 fastest cars. The King Streets will be asked to top off their fuel tanks and meet at the gate to go for a 15 mile cruise to Middleburg and back. Hoods, trunks and gas caps will be sealed. Upon returning to the track they will draw a playing card and be paired. Then it's a shoot it out to see who is King Street of the race.

NO TRACK PREP:
    Here is the great equalizer. There will be no track preparation. No VHT, No Gold Dust.
    This is just like racing on the street. There is no traction aids. If your car can hook on the street, you can win. It's a fact, more races are won on the starting line with a car that can hook than at the finish line with horsepower.

AWARDS:
    The Heads Up Stop Light Drags are all about fun. There is no cash awards.
    The final 8 in each class will win awards ranging from pizza's and BSD merchandise to the coveted BSD Iron Tree trophy.
    "We know how to keep the fun in races. Keep the money out of it".
    ENTRY FEES: $25 to compete. Spectators are only $5 each or $10 a carload.

check out the tracks website WWW.BEAVERSPRINGS.COM and the clubs site WWW.KEYSTONEGARAGECLUB.COM
    Thanks Doug
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: stop light drags at beaversprings dragway!

NO TRACK PREP:
    Here is the great equalizer. There will be no track preparation. No VHT, No Gold Dust.
    This is just like racing on the street. There is no traction aids. If your car can hook on the street, you can win. It's a fact, more races are won on the starting line with a car that can hook than at the finish line with horsepower.

Sounds like our local tracks at EVERY event.

Comment

...or Memphis @ PGD's every year. ;D

Comment

curious, can they drive thier cars in, and pull thier trailors behind them? I know everyone I know keeps thier very expensive tools in thier trailors and would not want those trailors out of site at all.....and would want access to thier moving garage to work on their cars......

Comment

the bean field is right beside the track. hell here in pa we haul it in the trunk , unload it on a pile in the pits. I have never had anything taken. so in Flint you need your tools and trailer to go street racing. ???
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

this is awesome. sounds like someone who put the right love into there car could really clean up at an event like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
              the bean field is right beside the track. hell here in pa we haul it in the trunk , unload it on a pile in the pits. I have never had anything taken. so in Flint you need your tools and trailer to go street racing. ???
              If the bean field is where they can view the trailors that would be fine....say your street racing in Flint, you can go home and fix what breaks fast, but our tracks are an hour and a half away, thats why they trailor the cars in, some drive them in, and bring thier garages with them, always have to be prepared to BREAK, and FIX, when you travel that far to race.....These may be street cars, but the cost of gas does not make it very affordable to drive a street car that far to a track, maybe you live very close to your tracks, our tracks are far away......and yes, some of these guys do trailor thier street cars to the street, take it out of the trailor, race, collect thier money, load it back up, and take off...only because of police harrassment, the police here are awful...I was thinking of maybe getting some to come from a distance to your race, I dont think you would expect them to drive the race cars from Michigan, after all they are not cruising cars, they are made for speed, our car does not like stop and go traffic, it loads up, the car wants to GO FAST all the time.we have to floor it at almost every other light, so that would cost us to much to drive it to your track......Thats why I asked if they could see thier trailors.......I know we got 20 grand in tools, and yes tools do get stolen , no matter where you go.....also we have our grills, we cook out on, we have our tents, we have our canopys, we carry so much stuff.......we cant load that all in a camaro......when we race, at a track anyway, its a whole day of fun, and eating, and shit talking, and racing,,,,,,,,,,,gotta eat and drink, not to mention the big BEER COOLERS.......hehehehehe....Oh, and a good racer always carries his tools.......things break, that is if he wrenches on his own stuff, and we hate it when people ask to borrow our tools. we always come prepared to break and prepared to fix.....but if your bean field is in fool view, I guess that would be fine....we have a club now formed that travels to races, but we cannot go without our trailors, especially out of state, but thanks for answering.....I like all your other idea's on the racing program....its gona get real sticky.....

Comment

I was looking for a picture of the trophy girl :o and did not find it in all those car pictures
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I will try to figure out how to load her on here, I got her loaded on gofastzone, will try and figure it out later, we call her the bumbo bee.....her breast are as round as her rump.....perfect aro-dynamically built......she is my niece, dam I wish I was built like her.....

Comment

whiplash, we would love to have you all here. I will get some more answers on your questions from the owner/track manager.
                    for those of you who have never been to the beav, its like stepping back in time. the owners parents live in a house along the return road, on weekends people just camp over and alot of racers leave there cars and or trailers there overnight or all season. ill post some pics soon.
                    as for the tough 15 mile drive to Middleburg ther is only 1 redlight , chad would love it here, lots of farm animals. not sure about fiberglass ones though.
                    any questions pm me, or just ask...Im not shy !
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

it is about a 8hr tow from flint, first round beers are on me!
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Shoot, you probably dont even have a cop in town do ya? Where we are they hear our motor, and everytime we pull into the sub, we look in our rear view mirror, and a cop always follows us right to are dam driveway.....I think the only reason they dont pull us over is were OLD.....Our son was constantly ticketed for mufflers, or tires, or some ticket, his car is perfectly legal, he got so tired of the tickets he hired a legal service he paid 20 bucks a month to take care of it for him, he couldnt keep missing work to proove his car was legal all the time....Our tires look like slicks, but thier 10.5 inch Hoosier DOT....they got a few lines running through them to make them street legal, he would show them the DOT on the tires, they would still ticket him, they usually would say its because they heard his engine, and heard him taking off fast......but didnt see him. You cant help but take off fast, you give it just a little and it goes alot.....my girlfriends all refuse to get in the car with me anymore, its a blast, I love it......wish I had known this car was so much fun, I would have stolen it more when my son was not looking......Thanks, Deb

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                          NO TRACK PREP:

Sounds like our local tracks at EVERY event.

Manny Wheelie
                          00:14

Comment

sweet, that would suprise some punk who pulls up next to ya in ma ma and daddys new sports car......haaa, My son loved blowing them off the road, nice video......

Comment

Beaver had gotta be the most fun track I've ever run at. I live close to Maple Grove, and Cecil is under two hours. Cecil is fast, but Beaver is cool. I've been to a couple other tracks around the country, and the most fun I ever had was at Beaver. I highly recommend Doug and the Garage Club's stop light drags to everyone. My cars are slow, but I'll be there for the fun!
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X