NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series

OK - so, who's racing the inaugural season of the new NHRA nostalgia series (old Good Guys series)? I'm going after it in the C/Gas class (9.60 index) and am going to use the local Summit Series bracket events as TNT for the Heritage.

To me, this is the first indications of NHRA getting its act together. Down home grass roots nostalgia racing with no electronics. Nostalgia funnys, FEDS, fuel altereds, and gassers. Series kickoff is the March Meet - who will I see there?

Re: NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series

can't they make a wind up delay box ??like grampa used to use

Comment

I'd like to try and do it. All the events are nearby us here is SoCal. We'd do D/Gas (10.60) or C/Gas (9.60). Wish there was a heads-up deal for doorslammers.

It's good for the NHRA, but it was low effort. All it is is making a "series" out of events that were already happening anyway. But I'm not complaining.

Comment

Less than one month out til the March Meet. The Demon is close to being ready. A few weeks ago in a points race it went 9.38. Now I've slapped some 4.56s in it and am going to spend the next few weeks tuning the chassis and dialing it to 9.60 for C/Gas.

DF - I agree - a head's up doorslammer class would be cool - they could even have four sub-classes: BB no power adder, BB power adder, SB no power adder, SB power adder to keep the racing more in line. Then take the winners of each of the four classes and match them up for two rounds and declare both individual class champs and an overall class champ. That would be a cool format.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
          can't they make a wind up delay box ??like grampa used to use
          A wind-up delay box ? Does that take a skate key ? :D

Comment

We got our entries approved for the March Meet, so we're in!

Comment

I'm in for the March Meet, Hot Rod Eliminator....

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                We got our entries approved for the March Meet, so we're in!
                Well look me up so we can hang for a bit. I'll be pitted with Ron Thomas and his clan - you want a cool story? The Thomas's have three generations all racing against each other in Hot Rod at this year's March Meet - Grandpa, Son, Grand-daughter.

What did you decide - C or D?

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience
                  I'm in for the March Meet, Hot Rod Eliminator....
                  Cool - swing by and say howdy.

Comment

We don't have stuff running yet so we don't know our et, so we're in Hot Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      We don't have stuff running yet so we don't know our et, so we're in Hot Rod.
                      Well - I'm pretty sure you can't miss Ron's pit - it has a big lit pole that rises above the crowd and there will be lots of Mountain Dew with stuff mixed. Swing on by.

Comment

coming over from england to watch came last year and was blown away by the event funny cars that look like the should top fuel feds gassers doorslammers thought i had died an gone to heaven will be supporting these guys from england and there 57 see ya there

Comment

That thing rules!

Comment

Working...
                          X