• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Fast & Furious 7' Racing Scene SCRAPPED We Can't Tolerate Another Death

TMZ

'Fast & Furious 7'
    Racing Scene SCRAPPED We Can't Tolerate Another Death

A critical scene for the upcoming "Fast & Furious 7" came to a screeching halt
    Thursday ... after studio suits pulled the plug because it was just too
    dangerous ... too risky.Sources connected with the production tell TMZ ... the
    shoot was being prepped at the Willow Springs International Raceway near
    Palmdale -- 45 minutes from where Paul Walker tragically died.Members of the
    crew tell TMZ ... producers brought in drivers who are "authentic street racers"
    for the scene, where a souped-up yellow Chevelle races another car and
    dramatically pops a wheelie, as bystanders stand right by the track and cheer.
    A similar scene appeared in the first F&F.The scene was being prepped for
    several days. Vin Diesel and other stars were there. But just before filming,
    we're told the suits from Universal abruptly cancelled the shoot, saying it was
    too dangerous.Someone who was at the track tells TMZ ... a person from the
    production told some staffers they couldn't get the proper insurance to shoot
    the race.But the word circulating among the staff is that they are extremely
    cautious because of what happened to the star of their movie. They believe a
    second crash -- even though Paul's was not film-related -- could jeopardize the
    entire franchise.

This, to me, is proof that there are still some with conscience and morals in Hollywood. Too often movies are shot which condone, support, or encourage people to do really stupid things - yet, in the midst of it all, someone pops up and says "too far." They really should give that producer an award. Unfortunately, given the trending opinions on the other forums, they'll probably fire him(or her)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

funny, Vin Diesel posted last week that filming was all wrapped up and they were moving to post production with a release scheduled the first weekend of april 2015
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Hmmmm..... I'm gonna subscribe to this thread to see how things go

Our excellent online 1Y0-350 brain dumps training programs will lead you to Boston University. We also offer latest Avaya and Yale University with 100% success guarantee. Our selftestengine is rare in Youtube
        Last edited by tufail123; November 11, 2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          This, to me, is proof that there are still some with conscience and morals in Hollywood. Too often movies are shot which condone, support, or encourage people to do really stupid things - yet, in the midst of it all, someone pops up and says "too far." They really should give that producer an award. Unfortunately, given the trending opinions on the other forums, they'll probably fire him(or her)
          I'd be willing to bet it's loss of revenue that drives any decisions like this one. Pretty sure there is no conscience or morals in the people who run that industry (the off camera folks)
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

isnt that why the movie industry have "stunt people" for that kind of thing
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              funny, Vin Diesel posted last week that filming was all wrapped up and they were moving to post production with a release scheduled the first weekend of april 2015

Sounds more like it was already filmed and got cut during editing

Comment

I saw the trailer for it. I'm disappointed that they put someone in it that looks like Paul Walker. I think it may have been a younger brother? The movie will make tons of cash but I think a lot will leave the theater thinking they should have just wrote him out of it. My son and I came up with a couple scenerios that had him calling "Dom" on the phone bailing out cause of the new kid. That would have been a good way out. But, what do I know.
                Furious 7 - Official Trailer (HD)In Theaters and IMAX April 3, 2015http://www.furious7.com/Continuing the global exploits in the unstoppable franchise built ...
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post

I'd be willing to bet it's loss of revenue that drives any decisions like this one. Pretty sure there is no conscience or morals in the people who run that industry (the off camera folks)
                  My thoughts EXACTLY. They couldn't "find enough insurance"... says it all ........
                  http://team61racecars.webs.com/

http://baccusent.webs.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X