8th Annual CPW Fall Fling Malibu Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th Annual CPW Fall Fling Malibu Cruise

Hello all. We are nearing our annual Chrysler Performance West Fall Fling show at Woodley Park. As typical for the past several years, we are looking to set up a small 50-60 mile cruise on Friday October 24th, 2014. The route will generally be the same as previous years. This is in general what is in store. All Mopar related vehicles are welcome, new, old or rental, we would love to see them all!: *Meet at Woodley Park in Van Nuys at 930 AM. We will leave by 10:15am. *Proceed to 405 South Freeway, via Woodley Ave to Burbank Blvd. Make a left onto Burbank Blvd and proceed to I-405 South. Stay in the far right lane, as we will immediately transfer over to 101 North (signs say 101 North Ventura) *Proceed est 10 miles on 101 N to Lost Hills Rd. and take exit. *Make a left and proceed over bridge. Continue through the light and proceed down Lost Hills. Pass through the stop sign (after stopping of course lol) then watch for me to stop the cars just momentarily to let any stragglers catch up.  *At Las Virgenes, make a right. We will continue down Las Virgenes for about 1 mile to Muholland Hwy. Make a right at the light.  *Continue down Muholland HWY for a brief time, about 3-4 miles, to our first destination, which is the historic Rock Store. We will stop here for 20-30 minutes tops to re-gather, use the restroom, take pictures, ect. Again, this will be our first official stop. *Next we will continue up Muholland HWY to a vista spot at the top of the hill for excellent photo opportunity. We will only be here for a short time, due to the lack of shade.  *From the vista point we will continue up Muholland HWY to Kanan-Dume Rd. We will cross the highway, re-gather, and continue down Muholland towards Encinal Canyon Rd. When we reach the intersection of Encinal Canyon and Muholland, there will be no stop sign or signal. Encinal Canyon will veer left, so please stay left onto Encinal Canyon Rd.  *Continue down Encinal Canyon Rd to Pacific Coast Highway 1. We will carefully make a left onto PCH and I will do my best to re-gather all of the cars back up before proceeding south on PCH. We will be stopping at one of two beachside stops along PCH to cool off, conversate, take pcitures, ect. This will likely be a 20-30 minute stop.  *Our beach stop will be our last stop of the cruise. From there, we will continue south on PCH through Malibu to our lunch destination, the Reel Inn. From this point, if you plan to join for lunch, I would prefer that we all try to stick together as a group, as a few participants were left behind last cruise en route to the restaurant. We should be arriving by 1-1:15pm. Parking in the lot adjacent to the restaurant is owned by the state parks service, so they kindly charge an $8 cash fee for parking, although there is usually ample parking along PCH. A link to the restaurant website is shown below: http://www.reelinnmalibu.com/ *After lunch, the easiest route back to the San Fernando Valley/Woodley Park area will be via Topanga Canyon Bl., which is just a few hundred yards south of the Reel Inn. There are several cruise nights on Friday evenings, including Bob's Big Boy in Northridge as well as Burbank.  Please post interest in the cruise, if interested, so I can get a rough idea on the number of people for lunch and for a number of maps to prepare. The restaurant will be taking orders individually at a window, rather than as the entire group. We hope to get another big group this time around (we had about 35 cars for last Spring). I am hoping to improve the count of FF cruise participants, with 15-20 the past two years. I know we can and the weather is always nice here in the fall. I understand many of you may not post on this thread, and may just show up, which is perfectly fine if so. Please spread the word! If there are any questions, feel free to post, or PM me as well. -Justin Phillips Chrysler Performance West

Sorry for the spacing issues on my post above. I attempted to cut and paste my original post from another site and it got jumbled up somehow. -Justin

Comment

Working...
    X