Re: Grand National Roadster Show

Just in case you've never seen a red Camaro:

The only AMC/X I remember seeing:

'54 Plaza with a Hemi:

Thought this was cool:

Comment

A Nova with a Northstar; The "Novastar":

The only shot I could get of the Twin Mill between my camera working and not working:

Ditto the Deora II:

There was even a Fiat. Sort of

Comment

Been real lucky so far, made it down Friday with hard driving rain over the ridge route on and only a little ice that excited my wife and I so much that we acted like teenagers lat night at that the hotel. Loading up and heading home in the next hour as next storm is not due to get bad again until the afternoon. Enjoyed meeting 72_Ventura, sorry we didn't get to meet up with you Denise. Tried calling Friday night concerning Bob's Big boy. Had a little problem with my phone and a party started to grow in the hotel parking lot with some crazies including an awesome family from Australia. So driving back to Burbank was out of the question by 7pm. Damn I love this life. I'm a very lucky man.
          Will post later when we make it home safely.
          Best to all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bbbad2dabone
            sorry we didn't get to meet up with you Denise. Tried calling Friday night concerning Bob's Big boy. Had a little problem with my phone and a party started to grow in the hotel parking lot with some crazies including an awesome family from Australia.
            The "awesome family from Austrialia", were they from Perth and the guys name Craig with a wife and two sons? If so, they're pals of mine. GREAT folks.

I looked for you. I unexpectedly didn't have access to my emails so I couldn't dig up your cell number to call while at the show. You didn't miss much at Bob's on Friday night, a handful of cars BUT there were alot of car people eating inside. Afterwards a group of us went over to the Old Crow Speed Shop located right next door to Hollywood Hot Rods and hung out for the rest of the evening. Would have been cool for you to join us. Next time.

Comment

Originally posted by 72_Ventura
              The only shot I could get of the Twin Mill between my camera working and not working:

Ditto the Deora II:
              Great memories ... Some really cool shots of two of my favorite Hot Wheels.
              Thanks !!!
              ;D

Comment

Just got back. Met Chuck and Lillard (bbbad2dabone), both really nice guys. Called Denise, got no answer.
                Sorry I missed you. I got two calls early on Saturday afternoon at which time I was having a conversation with someone and didn't immediantly answer BUT I did try to call back.

661-205-****
                407-432-****

Not sure if either of these were you. I'm bummed we didn't get a chance to meet and chat for abit.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                  Just got back. Met Chuck and Lillard (bbbad2dabone), both really nice guys. Called Denise, got no answer.
                  Sorry I missed you. I got two calls early on Saturday afternoon at which time I was having a conversation with someone and didn't immediantly answer BUT I did try to call back.

661-205-****
                  407-432-****

Not sure if either of these were you. I'm bummed we didn't get a chance to meet and chat for abit.
                  The 661-205 was me. I just looked in my phone and saw the missed call a minute after I called you. I'm a little cell phone challenged. Sometimes can't feel the vibrate or hear the song. We got home safe Sunday afternoon. The rain was just as bad as Friday but at least NO SNOW, washed the car and flew back to Houston for work. I'm pooped today but had a blast. Catch ya next time.

Comment

I heard U avoided Groucho for two days :'(
                    Anyone one here attending the GNRS and want to "meet & greet" with a couple of hot rod chicks from the Mid-West either at the venue, Bob's Big Boy on Friday, the Peterson, or....

Comment

661-205-****
                      407-432-****

Yep. The 407 was me. I know you hit enough events all over that we'll have another shot at meeting up at some point. I really had a blast, and really enjoyed showing my friends I left back in FL what they're missing out here. All it took was a cell phone picture of the Twin Mill for one of my friends to completely hate me.
                      I'm going to have to get some of them to fly out for car junkie events.

Comment

Originally posted by Groucho
                        I heard U avoided Groucho for two days :'
                        YOU got your "story" wrong....he avoided ME all weekend. HE knew EXACTLY where I'd be at 1pm on Saturday and even got a reminder PHONE call 15 minutes prior to a planned meet. Third time in SoCal in about 18 months and he's STILL hiding when I roll in. ;D

Comment

Yep. The 407 was me. I know you hit enough events all over that we'll have another shot at meeting up at some point.
                          Yeah, we'll hook up soon I'm sure.
                          I'm exhausted, took over 5 gigs of photos, hit every hot rod shop, cruz in, museum and party we possibley could. Can't wait till next year! ;D

Comment

She called me on the cell from my car, and ran! At least on her call, at 12.15, she told me the "meet and greet" was @ 12.30. NOONE WAS THERE. But, now I find it was at ONE O CLOCK, it all makes sense. BooHoo, she hates me :o
                            Originally posted by Groucho
                            I heard U avoided Groucho for two days :'
                            YOU got your "story" wrong....he avoided ME all weekend. HE knew EXACTLY where I'd be at 1pm on Saturday and even got a reminder PHONE call 15 minutes prior to a planned meet. Third time in SoCal in about 18 months and he's STILL hiding when I roll in. ;D

Comment

I just double checked, it was EXACTLY 12:40pm.......and I can prove it with a scanned copy of my cell phone bill :-*

You're just 'upset' I didn't do to you what I did to your car :o ;D

The G-rated photo I could post :D

Comment

NOW we're gettin somewhere!
                                I just double checked, it was EXACTLY 12:40pm.......and I can prove it with a scanned copy of my cell phone bill :-*

You're just 'upset' I didn't do to you what I did to your car :o ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X