Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone buy a dishwasher in the last 5 years that is NOT a piece of crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy a dishwasher in the last 5 years that is NOT a piece of crap?

What say you gents and ladies?

Several years ago our 20 year old machine gave up the ghost. We replaced it with a mid range Whirlpool QuietPartner II.

What a POS. I could have bought another machine for all the replacement parts the one has devoured....now one of the seals let water in the lower bearing (which is not stainless) and it has started howling like a banshee.

I'm done with it. Gonna kill it with fire, and hurl curses at it while it dies. POS.

Anyone happy with theirs and willing to share make and model and age?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Picked up a LG true steam or something like that, expensive but VERY quiet anddoes a good job.

Comment

Mom got a Stainless Kitchen Aide.. She loved her older ones so went back.. Complains about it.. Hasn't broke yet.

Comment

GE, it'll be five years old in a month or two. Not sure of the model, can't find the tag. It's nothing fancy and anymore you can't get anything without a circuit board interface.

Disclaimer; I have always rinsed the dishes off before loading the dishwasher. I don't have time or money to do the "fully-dressed-layer-cake" test. Family of four so it runs everyday or twice every other day.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I was once told, In the old days, a real man would build his own damn dishwasher!
          Or marry one of course... ;)
          Maybe them ol' days are just gone along with the dodo...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

in the last 28 years, we have been through several dishwashers. KitchenAid, whirlpool, ge,. They all kind of did the job, but my wife always had to wash the dishes off pretty good before she put them in the dishwasher. I made sure that we have a good flow of hot, soft water. My comment to her was always if you have to wash the dishes first, why even have a dishwasher? So we always did a bunch of research and looked up what Consumer Reports had to say and all of that stuff before we would buy a new dishwasher, but we were always disappointed.
            Then about a year ago we finally got a Bosch shx68t52uc. We are so impressed with it! Now for the first time ever, Sheila never ever rinses the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I don't care if it's baked on cake, dried out oat meal, whatever. This thing gets it clean. And it's so quiet you can barely tell it's running. I would recommend it to anybody.

Comment

We bought a Maytag a few years back. It's OK. Nothing spectacular but OK. Be sure to get one with a SS interior. Not saying they work any better but when they die you'll have some nice SS sheetmetal for whatever.

Dan

Comment

No. Goes double for fridges. Last fridge was replaced because they could not get the fridge lights to work after 5 service calls, 2 repair men, and 4 new parts. It was only 6 months old. That one was the replacement for the one that only lasted 3 years. These were stainless fridges in the 3k range. I miss the white one that that was almost 20 years old, never gave us a bit of trouble and worked great until we gave it away because we remodeled the kitchen,
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I've seen those $3k fridges, and wondered who actually buys them

I'm pretty sure our Admiral DW is over 5 years old, had to replace the latch on it once. Works ok, we only have to scrub the bad stuck on stuff in pans before washing.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

They are all crap. I have a 20 yr old kenmore. Works good still. Maybe a Bosch. My parents have one,it works good.

Comment

I love mine. Early 70's model blond. Upkeep isn't too bad. Cooks too!

(somebody had to)
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                        I was once told, In the old days, a real man would build his own damn dishwasher!
                        Or marry one of course... ;)
                        Maybe them ol' days are just gone along with the dodo...

If you think loading the dishwasher means getting the wife drunk, You might be a...
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Haha! Im going to use these jokes on my wife next time someone asks me about dishwashers! Early 70s brunette!

Comment

I didn't even get into how the dishes are 10x dirtier AFTER they go through this Whirlpool "dishwasher". Our dogs do a far better job than that piece of crap.

Thanks Joel! I'm going to check into what it takes to make one of those show up at Chateau Stiney.

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                            in the last 28 years, we have been through several dishwashers. KitchenAid, whirlpool, ge,. They all kind of did the job, but my wife always had to wash the dishes off pretty good before she put them in the dishwasher. I made sure that we have a good flow of hot, soft water. My comment to her was always if you have to wash the dishes first, why even have a dishwasher? So we always did a bunch of research and looked up what Consumer Reports had to say and all of that stuff before we would buy a new dishwasher, but we were always disappointed.
                            Then about a year ago we finally got a Bosch shx68t52uc. We are so impressed with it! Now for the first time ever, Sheila never ever rinses the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I don't care if it's baked on cake, dried out oat meal, whatever. This thing gets it clean. And it's so quiet you can barely tell it's running. I would recommend it to anybody.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I try to not get appliance shopping advice from a man who drives a Duesenberg....I just can't afford it!
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X