No announcement yet.

hard converter lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to break it to you, but the high dollar converters in race cars - those guys have the same problems. Definitely do not assume that "the more I pay for a converter, the better it's going to be!"

Case in point, the Banks converters. Banks doesn't make torque converters, they buy someone else's and mark them up - probably double or more. Somewhere out there is the same converter for far less money.

Getting the proper setup for your application is even harder. Most serious guys end up "trying one out" and providing slip data back to the manufacturer, who then tweaks on the converter or finds them a more appropriate one. Getting it truly correct, is tough to do.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That shaft that goes into the transmission looks too long... when I get home, I'll measure a known torque converter - but that one does not look right (yours is the top, the one below it is from another manufacturer. I wonder if you got a converter for some conversion application - that they didn't realize there was a difference...

all your trouble sound like a bottomed input shaft...
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

i gotta say, the 10 year old b&m tork master im currently running, sux on a launch,...but the thing never stops pulling. it always makes you want to push the fun pedal.
        i talked to FTI converters. they said $150 to cut the summit converter, then inspect. could get expensive?
        very, very nice people. wish i could afford a new one from them.
        good news,...i aint lost a race since the tranny works. Very unbelievable!!!!!!!
        traction is the biggest issue. just street racing. it really is an art pedaling and keeping her straight. very fun!
        going from 26" to 28" drag radials soon.

sooooo,.....who wants to sell me a decent converter?
        plz PM me if you got something decent.
        i see a few guys got stuff on the shelf.

need BS help.
        we got our own list here.
        sitting at #1 for a week or 2 right now. sure to get my butt kicked soon, lol.
        facebook links in PMs if ya'll dont believe.

hookin is my biggest issue right now.
        were sorting that out, and made major improvements.
        still needs some things, but thats racing.

HMU, ......could really use a decent converter on a broke azz budget.
        tires gonna cost me almost $5 bills.
        trick springs, drag struts,....uhhhhg, this is an expensive hobby, lol.

Comment

the pretty summit converter.
          one launch and, BOOM!

Comment

Working...
          X