No announcement yet.

So how about the April 1 virus.......??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how about the April 1 virus.......??

Anyone here concerned about the Conficker C virus that's supposed to hit on April 1?

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Re: So how about the April 1 virus.......??

I'm always concerned about that stuff. there are so many virusus out there the anti virus software cant keep up. those bastards should be shot and hung but not necessarily in that order. they are like identity sneak thieves. got no use for em.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

I'm going to do just like always, ignore it. I haven't had a virus, yet, and I don't have an anti-virus program. Everything is backed up on separate drives and if I do get something, I'll just format and reload.

Comment

Not in the least>mac ;)

Comment

I guess we will see tomorrow!! or in 15 minuts here!!! 11.45 :o
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Just don't open attachments on emails. Especially from people you don't know.

If the Feds catch the creator. They'll just put him to work to find the next schmuck designing the next virus.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              or from people you DO know, especially if you're not expecting it. Lots of worms/viruses attack your email program and use it to propegate by sending itself to everyone in your address book. another reason to use something besides outlook express

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                or from people you DO know, especially if you're not expecting it. Lots of worms/viruses attack your email program and use it to propegate by sending itself to everyone in your address book. another reason to use something besides outlook express

x2
                the only virus' I've ever gotten on my computer came from people I knew.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I thought computer virus' only hit when you are double clicking your mouse and typing one handed ;D

Comment

You better be concerned....

Mmwhuhahahahahahahahaha!!!
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Nope

Comment

We're calling it the Cornflake virus because we can't spell Conflikr. If you patched your Windows back in October with the update that closed the vulnerability, you should be OK more or less. Unless you don't practice safe computing - when your mother says "You don't know where that's been!" it applies to disks and thumb drives as well as random ground munchies.

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto
                          I'm always concerned about that stuff. there are so many virusus out there the anti virus software cant keep up. those bastards should be shot and hung but not necessarily in that order. they are like identity sneak thieves. got no use for em.
                          the makers of your "anti viruses"
                          are the ones paying these fools to write these things..
                          why you think ,they never catch them.
                          (incert lightbulb smiley here)

Comment

Crap, I just remembered I've never installed an anti-virus program on my computer. Should I worry?
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                              Crap, I just remembered I've never installed an anti-virus program on my computer. Should I worry?
                              Yes. Get one. We use Sophos here at the university. Like it better than McAfee or Symatec. PS - researchers found a signature for the cornflake deal just two days ago, so there's been a lot of cleaning and blocking going on in places. We've got about 900 computers on campus, looks clean so far. But then, we force updates quickly. One other big place here didn't do their updates in a timely manner - I heard they had to turn off everything and go screen-to-screen to clean it all up.

Comment

Working...
                              X