Z28 anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 anyone??

It's on hold right now due to the crap their going through, but with a 556hp blown LS motor they'd be stupid not to produce it.

Re: Z28 anyone??

I'll come out and say it:

While there's no one on this site that wants to see the return of the Z28 more than me(and yes, I'm willing to lay $$ on that statement.....that alpha/numerical designation is my favorite), I'd say the odds are BEYOND stacked against it.

Here's to hoping a few slip through the cracks......

Comment

If figure once GM weathers the storm and cleans up a little, they'll offer it in a couple of years. Not to say that is a couple of years to late IMO, but as soon as they offer a blower motor in that car I'm buying one.

Comment

Alex, if they can manage to hang on in spite of everything going on, I'll be there shoving you out of the way to sign up first...LOL

The artist renderings are beautiful......only gripe I have is with the 20" wheels/tires. That fad has run its course......

Comment

That would be the highest hp Camaro ever, right? Including the COPO's?

GM and the politicians:
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

haha the DUAL of a lifetime..
            I wanted the pontiac g8 trucklet.. >

Comment

remember what is nice about the LS motors, alot of parts are interchangable. probable could take the same mounts, different comp and such. plus gm performance parts are still available. who to say the a "upgrade kit" could not yet come available for the 6.2 supercharged. if their is somebody out their putting an ls7 in a solstice, then there is somebody out there just waiting to clone a z/28 with the 6.2.

Comment

TC just put a blower on the naturally aspirated version - save money! lose warranty but you can make more power than that without much effort at all. I agree it's a cool concept. But it'll probably have a hybrid powertrain making 60 ft-lbs by time it hits the street.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Dude, think about it, it has 556hp, now think headers, exhaust, cold air intake, SMALLER blower pulley, and a tune.

I'd say 600+ easy.

Comment

They mis-badged it. A Z28 should be a light-weight high-reving NA engine. The Z06 engine would have been the correct one in that engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                      They mis-badged it. A Z28 should be a light-weight high-reving NA engine. The Z06 engine would have been the correct one in that engine bay.
                      Hell NO, I want a blower. ;)

Comment

Oh, I understand. I'm big into forced induction too. Hard to go back to NA once you've felt boost.

Bob

Comment

Now you have a point.......the LS6-LS7 would be my choice.

550 HP without the maintenance/weight of the "huffer".......I'd want at least 200 more HP for the lung on top.

Not that I'm knockin' it or anything....... ;D

Comment

Good article, and interesting point that now the company has to satisfy the consumer AND the government....
                            Am I the only one who thinks the Camaro needs better aerodynamics? RWD is awesome; the motors are excellent; but I still am not in love with the body style.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

i'd have to agree there.

then they should remake the copo with an LS9

Comment

Working...
                              X