Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find a retired IRL Engine and Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a retired IRL Engine and Parts?

Looking for some help from you guys since this group seems to have the most well rounded and resourceful members.

I am trying to track down an Indy Racing League spec Aurora (or the parts to assemble the majority of one) from 1997-2001. (for those not familiar, I am specifically looking for the Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 spec indy motor).

I have tried contacting the various manufacturers that were authorized to initially sell these motors to teams (such as Katech), but they all seem to have liquidated any left-over stock of cylinder cases and heads.

I have searched pretty extensively, and found that about a year ago a gentleman from Wilson manifolds had purchased a lot and blew them out on a land racing forum and blew them out dirt cheap, but of course I was a day late and a dollar short.

Does anyone have any insight as to where I could track down some parts or maybe a unicorn of a back-up that some team never used?

Any condition is fine by me as long as I can get my hands on the core components.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

Comment

^^^^^^

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

12 hours, 26 minutes, that's impressive.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

VDS Racing Engines in Indianapolis. They built them originally often have motors/Parts/spares etc.

Comment

Hey. Try this one https://rrr.lt/en/. I have only good experience with this company.

Comment

Working...
            X