Move to Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move to Boston

It is starting to appear that I and my wife get the privilege of moving to Boston.... needless to say, the only things I know about Boston are: they like hold tea parties; have people named Kennedy who can run you over without fear of punishment; Newhart was filmed there; and they make maple syrup; oh yeah, and some guy lives there who had a hoopty hauled across the country to him.... Why would anyone move to Boston?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Move to Boston

Oh I dunno, just because it rules. HA!
    If you are in the world of biotech, medical research, or any kind of high tech stuff, it's booming around here.

Is this a career related move?

Do you have to take the Mass. Bar exam?

Ever see the movie cable guy?

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

you hope this is an April Fool's joke because where you live now, is quite a bit different from the Big Dig
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Aside from the shittier weather, angrier people, more expensive real estate, worse traffic, higher taxes, stupid automotive rules, and lack of a really cool fish market where they chuck big fishes through the air, it's virtually the same.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Aside from the shittier weather, angrier people, more expensive real estate, worse traffic, higher taxes, stupid automotive rules, and lack of a really cool fish market where they chuck big fishes through the air, it's virtually the same.

Brian
          he has more trees between his house and shop, than you have in the entire state... :D
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The new garage can be Red Balled, right? I'm thinking the concrete should be cut into 12" squares for easy handling.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You forgot the wacket accent you guys have Bruab.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I lived in between boston and providence for a year and a half....wifey worked at putnam nvestments until it imploded post 9/11
                it took me a couple of shops until finding a good one to work in
                it is ny style expensive up there =being a lawyer hang your shingle in southie and do some personal injury cases

Comment

not an April fools joke; wife is a medical device genius. I don't want to move; but, I can't say I'm against moving; but I'd rather move to sunnier locales..... today it was snowing >
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                    You forgot the wacket accent you guys have Bruab.
                    Hey when I met Brian and Tony, they didn't have an accent until after a few tankers! ;D
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Fahq ;D

Brian

Comment

Wow sound expensive, all the while I searched houses here in Phoenix in the $26,000-$50,000 range and over 1500 came up. :o

Seems like the housing market here is a buyers dream. ;)

Comment

26-50k.

I wish. 5-6 times that will score you about 1500 square feet of house on a 1/4 acre around here.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                            It is starting to appear that I and my wife get the privilege of moving to Boston.... needless to say, the only things I know about Boston are: they like hold tea parties; have people named Kennedy who can run you over without fear of punishment; Newhart was filmed there; and they make maple syrup; oh yeah, and some guy lives there who had a hoopty hauled across the country to him.... Why would anyone move to Boston?
                            and we have the best clam choudAr

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                              not an April fools joke
                              In that case, I'm trying with all my might to pull my foot out of my mouth. D'oh!
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X