Scrap Pile Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrap Pile Request

Anyone out there have a GM 10-bolt rear axle housing end they've chopped/torched/sawsalled off of an axle they'd let go for shipping? Working on mocking up some parts and rather do it on the bench than on the floor with the axle.

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

How long? ..
    C-clip or BIA type?
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; February 9, 2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

It's a brake caliper bracket type thing so mainly need the flange and whatever sticks out towards the wheel. Behind that... whatever is easiest/least shipping. Stock C-clip style, the actual axle is a 99 Blazer 4x4 if that makes a difference.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I think the Blazers have a 3 bolt flange?
        C-clip rears have smaller ends.
        I'll look this weekend if I remember.. Should have something..
        It will be a 4 bolt flange.

Comment

Looks like a 4 bolt to me

Now admitably that is an S-10 Blazer setup on Chevelle rear axle but it's the same as the one I've got in the garage housing end wise best I can tell.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Reason I asked is I have the brackets for the 3 bolt flange off an S-10 Blazer
            Don't want you to pay for shipping for something you can't use either..
            I'll be out at the farm for sure on Friday and will look..
            The kid is trying to put together an Eaton with caddy axles and flanges.. Should have extras, hopefully..
            Last edited by Deaf Bob; February 10, 2015, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I have a complete rear axle with stock brakes on it, I've got a crazy project down the pipe that will need the housing end to mock up on. I'm hoping to put the rear axle in the car sometime sooner than the project and I don't want to mess with a whole axle when all I really need is the flange piece.

Thanks for looking around for me,
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

The kid stopped by and said he wants the yoke off one rear and the rest was getting scrapped.. So I know for sure there will be something.. We are hauling rock this weekend.. The dumpbed I got, most folks call shovels

Comment

Working...
                X