Shoveling Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoveling Snow

It snowed 5 or 6 inches. A real big deal here, it doesn't do that.

So I went and got the little flat blade shovel and shoveled the driveway, part of it. Enough to get Red out tomorrow, gotta go to the track after all. I even rehearsed it, pulled Red out of the garage, how much more do I need to shovel? Cleared a path for Red. Tomorrow.

Got so tired doing that, I had to go take a nap. When I got back up, all of that crap had melted. The whole driveway, all of the street and sidewalks, all of it. At least I got some exercise.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

We don't DO snow! (fingers crossed) So far. We've had an inch now and then over the past 10 years but nothing serious - or shovelable.

Dan

Comment

I did a "Heart Check" yesterday morning, we had about 3 inches of snow Wednesday night and I shoveled about 300' of driveway.
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
        I did a "Heart Check" yesterday morning, we had about 3 inches of snow Wednesday night and I shoveled about 300' of driveway.

Sounds like a good job for a snowblower. Save that heart for other things!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Sounds like a good job for a snowblower. Save that heart for other things!

You're probably right but it felt good to look back and see what I cleared, I've got a Honda on tracks but it really wasn't enough snow to get that out?
          sigpic

Comment

What is this snow you speak of?? Is it something you use to clean your car with?
            The Green Machine.
            http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
              What is this snow you speak of?? Is it something you use to clean your car with?

Snow let's you ignore yard work for a couple months. Handy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post

Snow let's you ignore yard work for a couple months. Handy stuff.
                The amount of snow in my yard, i probably can ignore it till May
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                  The amount of snow in my yard, i probably can ignore it till May
                  I was seriously thinking about mowing this weekend, but that white crap has started accumulating in my yard. It'll be gone tomorrow but chances are good this town will shut down tomorrow from ice. It's very inconvenient - the weathermen have been promising 70's "next Friday" like Wimpy for the last month.

I think those lying iceholes are eating hamburgers and laughing at me. I've given up on even checking the weather and keep flip flops, t shirts, parkas, and galoshes in the truck "just in case"
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

11 inches of Snow last night and it's tapered off but hasn't quit yet, I won't be shoveling this, already fired up the snowblower, wish I had one with a Big Block for power!
                    Last edited by Grumpy; March 1, 2015, 02:38 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Had 4 inches of powder last night.... cleaned off the circle drive with my big shop broom.... took an hour.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Another 5 inches last night. Running out of places to pile it up . Supposed to be 50° and rainy tuesday. Looking forward to flinging the garage door open and finishing the engine swap to my oldest son's camaro. While he has his second day as a Chevy dealership mechanic. :-)
                        Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 1, 2015, 06:45 PM.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Probably only way it gets done is if YOU finish it..

Comment

No snow.....out spreading weed and feed this weekend, grass just showing signs of turning green!
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

☺☻
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Working...
                              X