Strays, do you get them too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strays, do you get them too?

These followed me home today. Guess I need to stuff them into trucks.

Oolala! Nice collection of strays.....I'd give them a home too. Cute little fellers!
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Those sure look more useful than the black cat that's been hanging around on our porch - and has nearly doubled in size since my wife started feeding her....
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You can't see it, but the block has 6.0L cast into it, not sure what that means. I hear it will fit my truck though.

Comment

Nice load! Too bad that seems to be a Chebby.......

Dan

Comment

.....means it's a 6 liter truck engine. Although some 4.8 engines say 5.3 .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Those sure look more useful than the black cat that's been hanging around on our porch - and has nearly doubled in size since my wife started feeding her....

Ummmm.....not sure how to break this to ya John......but you are likely looking at kittens on your porch in the near future.

Oh, and my'06 van has a 6.0L with aluminum heads from the factory. Looks just like that engine, only with more parts on it.
              Last edited by STINEY; February 27, 2015, 03:04 PM.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                You can't see it, but the block has 6.0L cast into it, not sure what that means. I hear it will fit my truck though.
                You know, since it's a stray and you really shouldn't take in strays - I'll take it off your hands... your welcome

by the way, you're really a bastard... a stray 6.0... I've been looking for one that is not minted in solid gold for at least 2 years... and you get it as a stray AND you can make panels straight...

sbg wanders off muttering about Pontiacs, Todds, and LS motors...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Ummmm.....not sure how to break this to ya John......but you are likely looking at CRAB BAIT on your porch in the near future.

just kidding. I have a damn stray cat in the house because some jackwagon threw her out after taking her front claws... and a few SBF's, so I guess it happens to all of us.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The engine has a destiny, needs a cam and/or lifter, checked to see if it has metal in the bearings, then either a stand alone harness or the MSD carb set up, and it's going in this.

Comment

I was really hoping it was going to sit in a S10 but really that is probably better. Large enough to drag home more stuff !
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

So? This can be converted to carb and dizzy?
                        Isn't the dizzy front mounted?
                        Seems I saw a derby motor with the conversion.. Didn't really pay attention.. Wish I did..

Comment

There is a conversion to a front mount dizzy. I think its cheaper to buy the MSD box to fire the stock coils
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Holley has the intake for $250, Edelbrock has it for $290, MSD sells a controller for the ignition that runs the coil packs, has a two step, and sells for $344. Can't get much easier to stuff a 6.0 in a 76 C10 than that. Set of headers, Headman for $350, a cam for around $300, mounts for $115, then hook up the 700R4 I have in it with a new lock up converter, and the old chevy will be a fun parts chaser and trailer yanking rig. I used to use this truck to pull my cars to the drag strip, my trailer was custom built to go behind it. My version of Freiburger's muscle truck built on the cheap. I could scrounge some manifolds, build mounts myself, and find whatever used parts it needs to keep costs low if I want.

The truck was dropped before I got it, they torched the springs so it's on the snubbers and breaks lower ball joints. I have a new set of leafs, a 3.42 posi 12 bolt to replace the 3.73 open 12 bolt it has, then it just needs drop spindles and springs with a flip kit out back. Maybe some air bags to help out pulling trailers too. It was a black truck from the factory, might go back to it with new doors, bed sides, and rockers/corners.

I've been looking for one of these engines for a few years now. Was thinking I'd just stuff a 5.3 in and be happy with it. Stoped in the junk yard a high school bud owns last week, did lots of business with his grandfather in the 80s, and he mentioned he had one for a core. He offered me a decent price, so I said I'd pick it up when I got paid. Now I have the hard to find part, and I could have it up and running in a couple weeks once the snow is gone. Would sure make building my cabin easier to have a short truck instead of the Tahoe. I bet it gets better mileage pulling the trailer than the Tahoe too, which means moving cars and stuff once a shop is built. Just wait, and you will find one eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              You know, since it's a stray and you really shouldn't take in strays - I'll take it off your hands... your welcome

by the way, you're really a bastard... a stray 6.0... I've been looking for one that is not minted in solid gold for at least 2 years... and you get it as a stray AND you can make panels straight...

sbg wanders off muttering about Pontiacs, Todds, and LS motors...
                              What price point are you looking for? Its just a SBC call the JY and have one delivered.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X