X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones can't fly....

crashed his fighter plane on a golf course

hope he is doing well.
    72 yrs and thumping around is getting risky.
    I was just talking of the high bypass turbines, allows time to make decisions in landing or mishaps, like an old prop plane.
    a jet driver would not be walking away.

I also just read at L.A. times the airport was challenged to be closed, a lot of history.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 5, 2015, 05:35 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

"Six Days, Seven Nights"

in the hospital?

I see the press had the good form not to say that, but it's General and I can't help myself. Seems like he crashed a plane in this movie, too.

all kidding aside, hoping for a speedy recovery.
      Last edited by Beagle; March 5, 2015, 05:43 PM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Wife's twitter feed said "critically injured"
        That article didn't say anything mor than the golfing doctors rendering aid before the paramedics showed..

Comment

tweet teaser said critically injured, news story says otherwise.

Comment

a golf course would be the place to crash if you need medical help. He's pretty fragile, in the latest Star Wars, production was stopped for awhile when he broke his leg walking down a ramp...
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

There is a golf course bordering the south side of the airport, parallel to the runway. Everything else around there is housing area. Good job on Harrison putting it down on a fairway instead of residential street.

I believe this is his second time going down in one of his own aircraft. I think he crashed a helicopter about 20 years ago.

Poor Harrison is not having a good year. He broke his ankle badly on the set of Star Wars last fall when the set bit him.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

News report says he's banged up but ok. He's been flying since the 60's so I'm sure he's already thinking about what kind of plane he wants next.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I had a gas airplane like that when I was a kid. Mine went back together much easier than that one will.

Comment

It's show biz ! Howard Hughes did it to.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Assuming that the engine didn't quit due to fuel starvation, he did a great job. Even if it did run out of fuel, I'd still give him an A for his forced landing. Probably an F for preflight procedures.......the NTSB won't take long to find out what happened to it. I like him (not that I know him), and am glad he's OK.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        a golf course would be the place to crash if you need medical help.
                        pfffft. Dr. Beeper? When they ask for an autograph, it's not for their collection, it's for their "Collections"... somebody stop me.

Last edited by Beagle; March 6, 2015, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Assuming that the engine didn't quit due to fuel starvation, he did a great job. Even if it did run out of fuel, I'd still give him an A for his forced landing. Probably an F for preflight procedures.......the NTSB won't take long to find out what happened to it. I like him (not that I know him), and am glad he's OK.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Airport and golf course are surrounded by residential (stupid urban planners) . . . Han did a great job avoiding a bigger crash.

BTW, I was shocked to see that same Ryan PT-22 as the featured aircraft for March on a Paralyzed Veterans of America calendar . . . . Click image for larger version

Name:	20150306_074548.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	1013646
                            Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; March 6, 2015, 07:44 AM.

Comment

poor guy - he's gonna be hearing flying jokes until the end of his days. At least he didn't land it inside a giant Gila Monster in this episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X