Langlo follows the script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Langlo follows the script

Dave "Nasty" Benjamin is another brilliant guy who races on homemade parts and will sometimes make a mess on the track. If not for the Laganas, Langlo/Roaches, and Benjamins of the world, drag racing would be much less interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

They DON'T have the money for this level of racing. Jay Roach (the crew chief), widely regarded as a very smart man, makes lots of their parts from scratch, and tunes the thing, obviously using parameters found on the body of an alien that crash landed at Area 51. They're just ahead of current technology I guess. When we start using depleated uranium to build literally indestructable parts, these guys will kick everyone's ass.

Brian

What a great quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        Originally posted by dieselgeek
        Originally posted by jfuelracer
        How long before he joins the list of people asked to not come back to an NHRA event until he gets his shit together?
        Dawn,
        Years ago Arly and Jay were paid to stay on the trailer. I don't remember what event, but probably the winters, California , Nevada and Arizona once in a while are usually the only places they go.Still ya gotta love those guys , they keep trying. And in their defence, Jay Roach ain't no dummy, he just doesn't have the $$ for that level of racing.
        looks like they have the money for that level of racing, but not the common sense to listen to someone who can show them how to home in on a tune. I know someone who used to tune TF engines out in L.A. who'd probably give them pointers for free. I don't think it's a money thing... maybe it's a money > brains issue?

There have been SEVERAL top level crew chiefs that have done exactly that Scott, and they were told, to take a walk.

They DON'T have the money for this level of racing. Jay Roach (the crew chief), widely regarded as a very smart man, makes lots of their parts from scratch, and tunes the thing, obviously using parameters found on the body of an alien that crash landed at Area 51. They're just ahead of current technology I guess. When we start using depleated uranium to build literally indestructable parts, these guys will kick everyone's ass.

Spidey, don't insult the Lagana family by hanging their hats next to these guys. They've done great things. Bobby Jr. is a hell of a great guy who makes the impossible happen on their budget and rarely ever blows shit up.

Brian
        When 'better' teams have been asked not to return for less frequent offenses, it just begs for a WTF (NHRA)? And for a team that declines outside help for a baseline tune-up, again WTF?

I appreciate anyone wanting to run/tune on nitro or think outside the box, but when you become notorious for highlight clips and an hour's worth of clean-up event after event...

Comment

A couple of points.

Most of the comments above are correct but...

Arley is just the driver, that's his job to get it to the other end.

Jay IS a super smart guy and is using well worn parts. Stubborn too.

Yes even I pan on the Zip Code car at the track because I know I'll get some great shots.

Trust me, $$ has a lot to do with it.

As fuel teams fall by the wayside later this year and next we might see more of these guys.

As a spectator I do hate oil downs.

And on a personal note I've bunked with Arley at Bonneville. He's a great guy and has done lots more than drive a fueler over his own parts.

There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Working...
          X