Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• core shifters (hurst)

anyone know whats up with this company?
    "Taking Hurst further" with EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS!! We specialize in shifters for modern (1982+) internal rail manual transmissions. We engineer and manufacture

I had found some for the c/k gm truck, and it addressed a shorter throw. Cannot find anything for sale.

I just bought a 5 speed z71, and to get the right feel for the shifter , what I made is just missing the steering wheel, and a good pound added to the 4 inch extension.

I knew there was a pro out there that must have fixed it...
    there is no way this truck could go on that silly without an option.

any tips or links or something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	shiftextension 002.JPG
Views:	1473
Size:	770.7 KB
ID:	1014826
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 11, 2015, 06:36 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Other than turning the knob/extension out of aluminum . I got nothing.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
      Other than turning the knob/extension out of aluminum . I got nothing.
      ok thanks.
      I saw the price of what was found, in the 200s.

I ended up making something just right for me anyway...out of a desk lamp and stuff I had.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

I ended up making something just right for me anyway...out of a desk lamp and stuff I had.
        Photos?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Barry, I'm sorry I didn't notice the link. Sounds like a good company. You really need to show pics of what you came up with........If it isn't the pic you already have up.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

photos in my build thread, but here it is again. Click image for larger version

Name:	shifter 005.JPG
Views:	996
Size:	790.0 KB
ID:	1015607

I almost have it to no desire for trim, until thinking of the metal pole and sensitive computers...and the alpine head unit nearby. I make my stuff run, so i think of these things..will be trimming with heatshrink grip for fishing poles. The shifter knob is a real metal shifter ball sitting on a threaded stud, can use any universal. To utilize a metal ball, you have to use the shifter sleeve of plastic they ship with, to ensure comfort and safe keep...and they stay cleaner without ionizing.

..The steering wheel is not a mismatch, this is a genuine z71. Not sure if that was a hoax all this time about the z71, but sure enough, I got a black steering wheel in a ruby red interior.

the commander box is unhooked from the power source underhood, and under dash removed entirely. The two wires you see looking like they are coming out of the commander box are an illusion of photo, those were for somebodies giant radio setup long removed. Those wires are gone too.

Back to the shifter. It is very nice to use. The weight being this welcome tells me this tranny is bigger than gm has written. Flows like butter..and can drive like a nut when I want to.

will post a photo when the heatshrink wrap is on, and better set screw.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 13, 2015, 05:39 PM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

I've been running a core shifter for over 3 years now on my nv3500 in my s10 and i love it. It does have a slightly shorter throw but that wasn't the main reason why i bought it, I bought it to get rid of the slop the original plastic base shifter was getting. The core is a lot stronger the original hurst cast design that the ears are known for breaking off.
              Sean
              LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
              Drivin' it home!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
              But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
              X