Groucho, a moment of your time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groucho, a moment of your time....

I guess I could have sent this as a PM, but I thought all might enjoy.

Please tell me everything you can about your old gasser Shoebox Ford (I heard about it on the HAMB). There are a few pictures I have seen, but if you have any to share I would appreciate it.

that is the coolest Shoebox I have ever seen.

Jason

Re: Groucho, a moment of your time....

Originally posted by Hesher
    I guess I could have sent this as a PM, but I thought all might enjoy.

Please tell me everything you can about your old gasser Shoebox Ford (I heard about it on the HAMB). There are a few pictures I have seen, but if you have any to share I would appreciate it.

that is the coolest Shoebox I have ever seen.

Jason
    The basic theme was James Gilliam's idea. I bought as it appears in the lower picture. James' idea was to put a Hemi in it. He sold the Hemi, and the project stalled for a long time. I ran into him long after I saw it mocked up, and when he told me the project stalled, I told him his idea was worth finishing. We made a deal, I bought it, and finished it. My buddy Andy Janzen did all the floors/bulkhead/firewall/wheelwells/trans tunnel. Lance Feilding finished the sheetmetal and sprayed it. I plumbed, wired, assembled motor, and did minor fabrication like steering box, trans, and radiator mounts, and I built the headers(my 1st attempt BTW). I built a 421 Pontiac for it. It had a 2.88 1st gear Super T-10 and 3.5 gears. My friend has a car that runs consistant 12 oh's. We raced, and were even all the way up to the 3-4 shift. At that point we were running out of road (the street between Pomona Drag Strip and the neighboring Airport). So, it ran pretty damn good. I drove it 250 miles to Bakersfield and back at freeway speeds on pump gas, while my friend runs race gas ONLY and had 5.13's.

STUGOTS

Comment

sweet car!!!!!!!!!!!! nice work ! :D alot of cool stuff on the hamb , groucho your blue vette is really cool to!!!!!
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

that car just makes me happy to look at. I have a 51 sitting in my backyard that needs a full restoration, so i like looking at other shoeboxes. i had never seen as gasser before so hat's off to you guys.

thanks for your time.

Comment

gassers :D :D :D
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
          X