X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the bottom of a flight of stairs..
    I sigh, breathe deep, grab the rail and plod up, ever so slow,
    Each flight I rasp, drip and pant..
    Once I reach the floor I thought I wanted, i no longer remember why...
    I turn around, sigh, take a deep breath and pray I don't tumble
    As I am half a flight from the bottom, I remember why..
    By then, I no longer give a shit..
    My recliner is feeling real good...

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Every day I wake up and don't see roots is a bonus so I might as well enjoy each one.

What kind of eye surgery? I've had several go-rounds with that and really it wasn't too bad and the results were better than a red and white cane so I'm happy to have had it.

Dan
      You youngins (in my book anyone under 60) enjoy your youth and your health while you can because this really sucks!

I totally agree, with Dan, at this point every day is a bonus and we're cheating the Grim Reaper!

I don't totally understand everything about the eye surgery but it's to remove white blood cells (they get sent to Mayo) that are blurring my vision and aren't supposed to be there, I believe the name of it is "Pars Plana Vitrectomy" and it goes deep into the eye (Retina?) and he may also have to move a Cataract lens during the process.

As a side note, "Don't Ever" let them talk you into Cataract Surgery with the promise of better vision until "You Yourself" are absolutely sure that you need it!
      Last edited by Grumpy; March 13, 2015, 07:33 PM.
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Gee Grump, something to look forward too huh? I tell you,I look at my Dad hes 76 looks like 66 he never smoked eats healthy every day and very slim. I think its like a car good maintenance pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
          Gee Grump, something to look forward too huh? I tell you,I look at my Dad hes 76 looks like 66 he never smoked eats healthy every day and very slim. I think its like a car good maintenance pays off.
          I've done all of that and more, I probably could have ate a bit healthier along the way but that really doesn't relate to my eye, that all goes back to February 68 when I was putting the last wheel back on my Car Trailer after doing the brakes and the bearings and the lug wrench slipped off and broke my glasses and a sliver of glass cut my pupil and I ended up in surgery instead of leaving for the Winter Nationals the next day!
          Last edited by Grumpy; March 14, 2015, 01:46 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I've had vitrectomies in both eyes (for different reasons than yours) and it really wasn't too bad. I partially came to during one of them and I was chatting with the doc - very witty, I thought. I saw him point at the floor and I went back to sleepy land. I think he told the anesetheologist to crank up the juice.

Anyhow - if the doc is any good nothing to worry about.

Dan

Comment

You will be fine. Hoping for the best for you.

Comment

I got a mystery in my eyes, seems to be revealing itself. I hope the V.A. takes it on.
                seems to be an air force version of glaucoma...that is like laser beam, not cats urine in my eyeball.

one can focus on whatever parts keep working.

A laborer for life does not peak at 18 or 21. A numbness sets in like a machine.

I was 16 or so, taking on the world. My dads interaction to my puberty gone ape was not all that funny.
                At the time I was the smallest guy at a lumber mill stacking for 8 hours.

I was still going with my dad, flat bed loads trucking. Still leaf spring suspension, he was still the shape of the manual steering 1.3 million miles in his 50s.
                We stopped due to a steel beam that would not sit still...
                right before my eyes, he tugged at the breaker bar so hard the 45 foot trailer arched, the pipe bent, and a cannonball like sound sent chunks flying. He just broke a multi thousand pound chain with his hands, sent a chunk in one cheek right out the other. Blood everywhere.
                That numbness is kinda scary.

I have never looked at health the same. Crock of shit by a lazyass.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement Guys and I have reason to believe the Surgeon is very good, I've had Eye operations since then but when I sliced my pupil in 68 they didn't put you under, they "froze" the Eye but I was awake for the whole procedure and I could see the surgeon entering my eye with his instruments while he was stitching things back together, can you say nerve racking!
                  sigpic

Comment

I want to be OUT for this stuff!

More good luck -

Dan

Comment

The trouble with getting old is the wrong parts get stiff.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                      X