So how are you on Corvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So how are you on Corvettes?

An older friend of mine gave me about 40 class winner trophies one day. I never knew he even raced anything. (he was into prewar classics) Turns out he had recieved a new 67 427/435 coupe in white for high school graduation that he then drag raced at CT Dragway, and Lebanon Valley Dragway. The trophies were all dated 68,69, and 70. He dug out some photos and showed them to me also. He just didn't want the trophies hanging around anymore getting in his way he said.

I would take any Vette except 73-96. I used to ride with a friend of mine in his mother's 78 Anniversary model back in school. We used to take it out occasionally just for something different. I remember the walnut shift knob was all torn up because the previous owner had lost his arm and apparently shifted it with one of those attachment that is like two hooks. It went okay, but we had stuff that was faster and we didn't even know what we were doing yet.

Comment

I know I am gonna get whopped on the melon by Bob Curran for this, but I see flipping a Corvette over, bolting an Evinrude on the rear bumper and a Minnkota on the front bumper and stalking largemouth bass as the best possible use of its qualities.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I've owned 89 and 98 convertibles and loved them both. I still want a 63-67. My wife has an 07 vert, it's nice and I can drive whenever I want but I've never driven it like it's mine (I totaled my 98).

Comment

I love Corvettes. It's the only car I would dream of owning as a child. For some reason, I always knew(?) I'd own a Camaro or Chevelle, but it was the Vette I could only dream of. I think lots of people agree on that. My favorite is 63-67, especially the fastback. Just stand behind one, you'll understand. I've owned over 60 older Vettes, and loved them all including 1st and 3rd gen cars. But 2nd gen (mid yrs) the favorite. True American sports car. IRS, 4-wheel disc, two-seater, 'glass bodied heaven! You sit low, looking out the windsheild at the two front fender bulges. And if you're lucky, the 67 427 scoop between those fender bumps, awesome stuff. Just a great "feel" in those cars. If you know me, you'll know I'm NOT a Vette "guy", but a guy with a Vette. Vette guys irritate me. Vette insignias on their shirt, key fob, dash cover, and floor mats? FAGS! I don't give 2 shits about matching numbers. One SBC/BBC will do the same as the next regardless of #s stamped on them. You should see my 64 Coupe. Looks like a 60's drag car, I drive it all over, and, are you ready? It was a factory "fuelie"

Comment

Originally posted by cool300
            There's a movie from the early 80's I believe...."King of the Mountain". Harry Hamlin and Dennis Hopper. Hopper drove a bad azz C2...primered,sidepipes,no back glass. Hamlin drove a Porsche speedster.Hopper was king and Hamlin was trying to knock him off...cool driving on Mulholland Drive.
            Too bad they wrecked a couple of other classics though!

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
              I know I am gonna get whopped on the melon by Bob Curran for this, but I see flipping a Corvette over, bolting an Evinrude on the rear bumper and a Minnkota on the front bumper and stalking largemouth bass as the best possible use of its qualities.

Ron
              I like 'vettes myself, 63-67 preferably, but you gotta admit that was funny. ;D

Comment

Yeah it was.... he forgot to take the 440 block for an anchor though....

LOL...

Touche...

Keith

Comment

I'm building this one, hope to have it in paint by next week.
                  Body mods include a 'glass front bumper cover that's customized; '80 style rear cover - spoiler type; gutted of all safety bumper equipment behind the skins, and L-88 long hood. Going with Hooker pipes and Planet Color orange paint.

Building solid roller 383, and want to convert to 5-speed and VB&P transverse composite monoleaf front and rear.

Comment

The Planet Color orange is good. It's Hugger Orange with a kick.

Comment

Working...
                    X