No announcement yet.

It's The Weekend, Whatcha Doin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynoing the Challenger and prepping for next week's ECTA meet. Car made 662hp at the wheels. "Broke" the dyno on one run and had to repeat - the dyno is only good to 200mph. Ran to 204mph and it dumped the data.
    Last edited by Red_Kitty; June 28, 2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Listening to loud mariachi music at 4 AM last night courtesy of the building next door. So now everything is thrown off for me today. 161/90 is only borderline high. In my medical travels I've met people going over 200 without anything too major happening. You must have other issues making it a risk.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Covette and watching raindrops
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I have drugs for high BP so that's not an issue. LOTS for different drugs - the cardiologist does NOT want my BP to get high.
          Me too. I'm currently prescribed three different medications for high blood pressure, which is why it was so disconcerting.

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          161/90 is only borderline high. In my medical travels I've met people going over 200 without anything too major happening. You must have other issues making it a risk.
          Not sure which planet you're from, but for us Earthlings, normal resting blood pressure, in an adult is approximately 120 systolic, and 80 diastolic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
            ... normal resting blood pressure, in an adult is approximately 120 systolic, and 80 diastolic.
            I would need a sensory deprivation tank to get to those numbers!

Comment

• I'm generally around 100/55 or so. Sometimes I get so low that I have to skip the Lasix so I don't crash and burn. Not sure what part of my drug cocktail gets me there but it seems like there was a shift when I went to Entresto though I was well controlled before that with a different mix of drugs. Being "on drugs" has a different meaning these days......

Dan

Comment

• Don’t ya just love all those bruises from your medicine? Wife threatened to put me in bubble wrap before I go to work on car!

Comment

• I'm used to it. Also, my skin is thinner (probably from old age) so I bleed a lot more than I used to. Just the way of things these days......

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Me too. I'm currently prescribed three different medications for high blood pressure... normal resting blood pressure, in an adult is approximately 120 systolic, and 80 diastolic.
                    Define NORMAL ?!?!? I'm with Alan...cstmwgn...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Been working on BP for the last year, after 15+ years being on med and controlled it went beserk. Finally getting it leveled out. But for whatcha doing, devising a plan to AC the shop so John can stay longer which would mean I could stay longer
                      Last edited by corvettedad; June 30, 2020, 10:35 AM.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• For whatcha doing, I spent the weekend looking out the window at what's left of the mud bank trees/weeds/vines project. Looking instead of doing since I got so eaten up with poison ivy rash I figure I'd better let it clear up some before I put some more on top of it. As for treatment, we've got the poison ivy remedy superstore sitting right here beside my computer. Everything they make. And it seems that squirting apple cider vinegar on the rash works just as well as any of the stuff they sell.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I\m thinking maybe Doctors attach too much significance to some things because they are too easy. Particularly if something is difficult to control. Particularly if it is body weight. When I was laid up I saw a parade of Doctors recommendations gone wrong. Guys checked in from the ER that came around in a day or two without Lasix. Dehydrated usually. Sodium depletion from avoiding salt. People used to get sick for a while and get better. Now they get a condition and are medicated the rest of their life. Raise your hand if an MD has had you discontinue a medication..... I thought so.

During that stay my BP was just under 130. The doctors put me on BP meds. When they added a BPH med it tanked to below 100. Common drug side effect but they knew nothing of THAT, just BP.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Yesterday, I pulled a 127 / 84 .. go figure.

Comment

• I'm 270# with good bp... Doc reads the chart, "that can't be right" redoes it the old way.. Still normal.. My daughter as we checked me out of the hospital after surgery was shocked when the nurse says," you do not need to worry about your chlorestol" I do eat healthy for the most part.. Do like my junk food, moderation...

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                                Been working on BP for the last year, after 15+ years being on med and controlled it went beserk. Finally getting it leveled out. But for whatcha doing, devising a plan to AC the shop so John can stay longer which would mean I could stay longer
                                Me too! When I built the shop I put a thru-the-wall unit in and while I can't get it as cool as I might like it helps a lot and sucks a ton of humidity out of the air. The unit was a hand-me-down from ME's music studio (we installed a mini split) so I have zero invested other than the 220VAC wiring. At some point I'll have to replace it but so far so good.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X