Going on job intervirew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going on job intervirew?

I just got back visiting a good friend who recently moved to Myrtle Beach area. Before moving down 6 months ago he had lived about a half mile from me and was self employed. He has no desire to be self employed and had been looking for a job. He had been on quite a few job interviews with out too much luck. This past week he was reluctantly hired. His new employer along with another company told him the reason why no one was really interested in hiring him. Apparently it's because he had been self employed and they're afraid that he'd either steal their customers or wouldn't be committed to the job.

He told me that he has since re-written his resume and the guy who bought his business has been instructed to say that he was an employee and not the owner of the company. If you were self employed and not having too much luck or are about to start looking, it may be a good idea to ponder this.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Going on job intervirew?

i am just waiting for next spring to come around..hopefully if all falls into place i will open my own shop... ;D 8)
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

good luck bro
      I worked for myself once , didn't like it , the boss was a jerk

Comment

In our industry, we look for former owners for our
        field staff.
        They have great knowledge and experience.

Been around my company for 38 yrs.....hoping to sneak
        6 more in..... ;D
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Careful drawing to many lines though....

I'll hire anyone who can actually make me money... it's about that simple... mostly because a person with that attitude understands business... and knows what it takes to make it happen...

K

Comment

I have a hard time working for the Man, been self employed for last 20 years,

Courier service,
            Glazier
            Seamless gutters

I hope to never have to get a real job ;D
            Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Working...
            X