No announcement yet.

General Opinion - Stickers on the Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Opinion - Stickers on the Car?

Every time I've bolted something onto Red, I've put the product sticker on the rear window. By now, that patch of glass is looking like a small patch of a NASCAR quarter panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3143[1].JPG
Views:	66
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1022261

I'm about to do away with all of that, and I have two lines of thought going on. I'm confusing myself with it, really.

A. That's just so high school. Not classy. Verging on redneck. Red's just stock, not built by me, and not sponsored by anybody. That sticker farm is...well, I'm over it. I'm about to scrape all of those off of there.

B. The stickers attracted one guy in Charleston TN. He turned around in the street in front of the grocery store and came up to me and introduced himself, saying he saw the stickers, so there must be a hotrodder attached since there were stickers. Rob. The guy who did some work on Red and then got killed in the racing Corvette on US11 trying out the clutch he had just put into the race car for Jerry. All of us lost a friend that day.

But it was the stickers on Red. How many more times will that ever happen, a meeting up because of the stickers? No, they're going away.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

As Freiburger so delicately put it.......without something to distinguish the car, it's just another Mustang.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

At one time, P - the stickers were the first thing rodders put on their cars.
      Stickers are cool, and they make your ride cool.
      Keep them!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I got 2 on my pass side windwing.. One is Holley, got called on it, popped the hood.. HOLLEY..
        The other is " If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.. "
        My cane has more stickers!
        I put the bigger ones on the tool boxes
        Last edited by Deaf Bob; April 10, 2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          As Freiburger so delicately put it.......without something to distinguish the car, it's just another Mustang.
          I already know that's true, but at the same time that's not very encouraging. I think I need a blower.

Comment

That a fact Jack. we've been preaching blower for years now......come on!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Peedub, I like the way those look. Need an ecta sticker.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

If you're over it, then get rid of them. I see nothing wrong with it though. I'd at least keep the track stickers.

And Red is NOT stock. Hasn't been for awhile. You need to get that out of your head.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Red is..PEEWEEIFIED, or FORRESTIZED!
                  Stock? Not by a long shot.. Stop being stock the second you put the weird tires on it and got less stock with each addition!

Comment

It's your car, do as you like. If they are haunting you by all means remove them. Sad thing is you only get one or two per expensive speed item. For a classic look I really liked the truck I had where I stickered it up on the inside of the hood. I really appreciate the old school attitude of "if you don't run the stuff, don't fly the sticker. Did you notice the appearance tweaks on that Hot Rod Mustang? It's linked in the "Brian Burned" thread.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                      Peedub, I like the way those look. Need an ecta sticker.
                      Those are on Bluebelle the Fusion. Yep, 3.0L six cylinder. Sillydiculous. Hilarious. And so much damn fun, that car is not supposed to go 131. That, folks, in a very warped way, is the most fun I've ever had driving a car, I can say that. So shoot me. That was as fun as...well, I can't come up with how much fun that was, that wasn't supposed to happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bluebelle ECTA.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	1022304

Comment

You can always do what I do on the Camaro, go to hobby store and buy a magnetic sheet and put stickers on and trim. Then when you go on HRPT or a cruise or just want to look old school slap them on. I made me and Diane some BS stickers last year to go on our Camaro's. I'm going to do something this year too.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I put mine on the beer fridge?

Comment

stickers are good.
                            no car or truck ships exactly correct.

the brakes advertised, and cold air.. I'd look and know the owner wanted to do better.

if I see "accel" on a mid 90s vortec truck, I am thinking "I bet they finally equalled the wires" (the ONLY vortec error, EVER.)

the stickers are not just for amateurs. I got 100 errors going through my head for many vehicles..
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It's whatever trips your trigger, I think it's fine but it's your Hot Rod so it's your call. The only stickers that I fly are the ones from different tracks or events, that kind of lets people know in advance whether they want to mess with out of the next light or not, not that I'd ever do anything like that!
                              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X