No announcement yet.

Licence gone for 3 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's the latest edit I've ever seen . Longest one I've done was 1/8 of a mile with a 350 / turbo 400 S10 . I would say coincidentally I'm building another one but with a 5 speed but since I've been slowly working one it for 3 years , it was bound to over lap with someone good story .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think the fascination with burning rubber CAN be gotten over. Just watch some video of the Australian Summernationals and you really gotta wonder WHY? They bolt on skinny tires. They bolt on tires that burn in COLORS. WHY?
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Sitting in one place and just roasting them is stupid . Roasting them while going down the road ......that's a different story .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The going down the road part you can do in rain or snow. I went to a Winternationals qualifying day in the early 90s. Between Pro Street adventures and career changes it was the first time I'd been to a big time drag race in years. First time with 500 inch Pro Stocks. Wow, those guys were doing rolling burnouts just like fuel cars. Then they called up funny cars. First pair Force totally whited out the first 1/8th mile in smoke. I couldn't see the fence, guardrail, ANYTHING. Next thing I did see parting the clouds was John backing the Oldsmobile up at what looked like about 80 MPH. After that I have little excitement over burnouts.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            ... After that I have little excitement over burnouts.
            Well, there may be some difference in the enjoyment level between watching and doing!

Comment

Plus I also discovered drifting where they do it while more or less racing.....

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                The going down the road part you can do in rain or snow. I went to a Winternationals qualifying day in the early 90s. Between Pro Street adventures and career changes it was the first time I'd been to a big time drag race in years. First time with 500 inch Pro Stocks. Wow, those guys were doing rolling burnouts just like fuel cars. Then they called up funny cars. First pair Force totally whited out the first 1/8th mile in smoke. I couldn't see the fence, guardrail, ANYTHING. Next thing I did see parting the clouds was John backing the Oldsmobile up at what looked like about 80 MPH. After that I have little excitement over burnouts.
                So what your saying is you got burn out on burnouts .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Well, there may be some difference in the enjoyment level between watching and doing!
                  Blackout Steve was great . R.I.P.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Well,i may be late for the editing,but 100 feet..I HAD to edit it.Blackout Steve really showed how rolling burnouts should be done.poor soul..i miss him and those Burnout Fridays..R.I P.

Comment

Working...
                    X