X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    Dual stripes for 100 feet?
    Well done !
    ... at least now you'll get yourself in shape cycling.
    Yep..100 feet.Its quite easy too..just 1 or 2 sec on the brake,and then stand on it..i switch to sec gear after 10 feet or so..with 2,73 gears,the rear tires will have a long time waiting for traction...that feeling,when you lay rubber on asphalt so easy,is a good one.

Also,doing 40mph at the highway,and shift down in first gear..20 feet there too.

Yep..i have had plans of cycling,but its too fun driving..

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post

No work limit,and frankly..i think it will be okay to walk a little more,and thankfully im in no need of a licence at work.Its just 3 months,and i live just 4 miles from work.With both cars in no use for the next months,i should take care of some things here and there.Rear trailering arm bushings are shot in the Chevelle,and i have a spare 4l60e for the Silverado that i should have changed for a looong time..

Well, I guess that is a government issued period of upgrading Funny, but sucks, but still funny.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Well, I guess that is a government issued period of upgrading Funny, but sucks, but still funny.
        Right now i have no problems,but maybe after 7 weeks or so i will feel kinda wanting it back right now..If they only knew how much times i should have been caught

Comment

Other countries are much tougher on every part of driving. From getting a license to breaking traffic laws. I know people who have gotten less harsh result for driving drunk.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            Other countries are much tougher on every part of driving. From getting a license to breaking traffic laws. I know people who have gotten less harsh result for driving drunk.
            in Costa Rica, they will stop you only too make sure you get home ok.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
              that sucks.
              the freedom here, I used to have complaints about.

Today 70mph on a secondary road may have a wave hello by an officer as you go by.
              power certainly is more expected today.
              NOT! Got busted last month going to town on a county road middle of nowhere running 60, $200. Even made a note on ticket that a child was in the car like I was being reckless or something.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Attitude has alot to do with whether you get a ticket or the book thrown at you..
                Act guilty and most likely the ticket book comes out..
                In your case, I would play innocent, polite and when he says I was speeding.. Merely state the speedo must be off with your "new" tires..
                But do not be stupid or act like you think the cop is stupid, even if he is...
                Some cops just LOVE to write shit up and jack stuff up..
                The town I live in had a cop who was ALWAYS pulling me over.. Never able to cite me.. He's dead now, natural caused at 38 years old.. I think KARMA kicked his ass!

Comment

That sucks, and for you other guys out there, its been a long time since I've been pulled over, just over a year and a half since my last ticket, heck, my license will be clean come October. Layed down about a 30 footer in my Olds on Sunday, Auburn Posi works just fine.
                  Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                  1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                  1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

It's interesting that I get stopped a lot less now that I'm an old guy. I still drive - um - assertively but the cops no longer seem to notice. That's OK with me. Maybe it's like discount movie tickets - a benefit of old age?

Dan

Comment

Yeah there is a whole different attitude. It is a benefit, things seem to tip when you get around 40.

Comment

Yep..100 feet.Its quite easy too..just 1 or 2 sec on the brake,and then stand on it..i switch to sec gear after 10 feet or so..with 2,73 gears,the rear tires will have a long time waiting for traction...that feeling,when you lay rubber on asphalt so easy,is a good one.

Also,doing 40mph at the highway,and shift down in first gear..20 feet there too.

shifting from 1st to 2nd on a burnout can be costly, you really need to start your burnouts in 2nd gear to avoid tearing up your sprague.
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          Yeah there is a whole different attitude. It is a benefit, things seem to tip when you get around 40.
                          True, In my 20's I think they had a tracking device on my car! I got in trouble all the time, Ugh. So that's one benefit of getting older ;)

Comment

Right now i have no problems,but maybe after 7 weeks or so i will feel kinda wanting it back right now..If they only knew how much times i should have been caught
                            think we can all relate to that last sentence about all of the times we didn't get caught! If you say no, you're lying!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post

shifting from 1st to 2nd on a burnout can be costly, you really need to start your burnouts in 2nd gear to avoid tearing up your sprague.
                              Its a 4L80,so an auto..And a healthy bigblock and 2,73 gears make lots of smoke.

Comment

I cant belive i wrote 100 feet..it was actually 600 feet,or 204 meters.

Comment

Working...
                                X