Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    It's interesting that I get stopped a lot less now that I'm an old guy. I still drive - um - assertively but the cops no longer seem to notice. That's OK with me. Maybe it's like discount movie tickets - a benefit of old age?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Stewzer55
    replied
    That sucks, and for you other guys out there, its been a long time since I've been pulled over, just over a year and a half since my last ticket, heck, my license will be clean come October. Layed down about a 30 footer in my Olds on Sunday, Auburn Posi works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Attitude has alot to do with whether you get a ticket or the book thrown at you..
    Act guilty and most likely the ticket book comes out..
    In your case, I would play innocent, polite and when he says I was speeding.. Merely state the speedo must be off with your "new" tires..
    But do not be stupid or act like you think the cop is stupid, even if he is...
    Some cops just LOVE to write shit up and jack stuff up..
    The town I live in had a cop who was ALWAYS pulling me over.. Never able to cite me.. He's dead now, natural caused at 38 years old.. I think KARMA kicked his ass!

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
    that sucks.
    the freedom here, I used to have complaints about.

Today 70mph on a secondary road may have a wave hello by an officer as you go by.
    power certainly is more expected today.
    NOT! Got busted last month going to town on a county road middle of nowhere running 60, $200. Even made a note on ticket that a child was in the car like I was being reckless or something.

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Other countries are much tougher on every part of driving. From getting a license to breaking traffic laws. I know people who have gotten less harsh result for driving drunk.
    in Costa Rica, they will stop you only too make sure you get home ok.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Other countries are much tougher on every part of driving. From getting a license to breaking traffic laws. I know people who have gotten less harsh result for driving drunk.

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Well, I guess that is a government issued period of upgrading Funny, but sucks, but still funny.
    Right now i have no problems,but maybe after 7 weeks or so i will feel kinda wanting it back right now..If they only knew how much times i should have been caught

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post

No work limit,and frankly..i think it will be okay to walk a little more,and thankfully im in no need of a licence at work.Its just 3 months,and i live just 4 miles from work.With both cars in no use for the next months,i should take care of some things here and there.Rear trailering arm bushings are shot in the Chevelle,and i have a spare 4l60e for the Silverado that i should have changed for a looong time..

Well, I guess that is a government issued period of upgrading Funny, but sucks, but still funny.

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied
    Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    Dual stripes for 100 feet?
    Well done !
    ... at least now you'll get yourself in shape cycling.
    Yep..100 feet.Its quite easy too..just 1 or 2 sec on the brake,and then stand on it..i switch to sec gear after 10 feet or so..with 2,73 gears,the rear tires will have a long time waiting for traction...that feeling,when you lay rubber on asphalt so easy,is a good one.

Also,doing 40mph at the highway,and shift down in first gear..20 feet there too.

Yep..i have had plans of cycling,but its too fun driving..

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Dual stripes for 100 feet?
    Well done !
    ... at least now you'll get yourself in shape cycling.

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Sorry - but I guess it could have been worse. Some cops have no sense of humor.

Dan
    Very strict laws about burnouts in norway,so its all a matter of not being caught..that said,the cops where good guys..one of them even said it was a good show .

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

motorized bicycle thread coming soon? Don't get busted doing burnouts with the motorized bike!!

a lot of times when they yank your license here, they'll let you have a work permit. Do they offer that? Man, no cruising in the springtime would bite.
    No work limit,and frankly..i think it will be okay to walk a little more,and thankfully im in no need of a licence at work.Its just 3 months,and i live just 4 miles from work.With both cars in no use for the next months,i should take care of some things here and there.Rear trailering arm bushings are shot in the Chevelle,and i have a spare 4l60e for the Silverado that i should have changed for a looong time..

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan

they don't, especially if you ask them "where's the donuts" and when they reply in the negative, say "so what are you good for?"

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post

Its spring here now,so its the best time of the year to start with bicycling..haha .
    motorized bicycle thread coming soon? Don't get busted doing burnouts with the motorized bike!!

a lot of times when they yank your license here, they'll let you have a work permit. Do they offer that? Man, no cruising in the springtime would bite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X