1970 SS Chevelle Undercover HT502 Build - Hot Rod Garage Ep. 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 SS Chevelle Undercover HT502 Build - Hot Rod Garage Ep. 17

New guy was nervous as hell, he does have potential though.
    Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
    1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
    1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

$6100 for an engine that barely makes more than 500ftlbs from 502ci? That's affordable? Mmmkay...

Yeah, he's a bit flat, but having a TV personality takes some crafting and practice. Finnegan plays himself, so it's easier when you're already a goofball.

Comment

host sucks, and he's scary ungenuine. He does not like what he's doing..what drifter does anything as constructor.

go watch chris harris in the 4800 pound GT bentley. Now that is closer to american hot rodding than a nissan with a vortec.

the 502 has sucked since the beginning. I remember it overlapping with first gen small blocks.
        riduculous. Everything addressed in fuel air and timing today.. I'd still stay away from it. Getting old and stubborn..like an engine that lasts.

ridookulous.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 23, 2015, 04:52 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          $6100 for an engine that barely makes more than 500ftlbs from 502ci? That's affordable? Mmmkay...

Yeah, he's a bit flat, but having a TV personality takes some crafting and practice. Finnegan plays himself, so it's easier when you're already a goofball.

They could've had a real V8. WARNING, SHAMELESS PLUG! WARNING!

http://www.blueprintengines.com/inde...base-bp4966ctc
          Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 23, 2015, 08:09 PM.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Wow. I hope he grows into it and relaxes some. That was just stiff and un-natural. Seems like a nice enough guy, but damn...
            Last edited by tedly; April 24, 2015, 01:29 AM.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Tony Angelo is a big deal in drifting. Not just a driver he judges as well. It didn't really register who he was with me as I watched the Roadkill. Now I know why the other guys looked so dumb trying to duplicate his driving moves. And consider in competition his results have been only average. Part of why I love to watch the stuff. Remember these guys have pretty much taken over the Hollywood stunt driving biz. Jarrod D'Andea is the real personality in Formula Drift but I'm not sure he would be as sharp technically as Tony. Having an on camera personality is a very strange quantity. Some have it others don't. Just look at the subtleties between Chad and Brian. Brian has a bit of an edge on announcing and Chad is better on interview and ad-lib although both can pull off either and make it look soooo damn easy to boot. Regardless anytime I see mingling between drifting and hot rodding I'm pumped about it. I'd love to watch Jarrod announce a drag race and Chad and Brian cover a drift event. Here comes the nag again, go watch a Formula Drift broadcast! It's new. It's changing and PROGRESSING all the time. It's smokier and almost as noisy as a drag race. The cars now use mostly Amurikin engines and the minority that don't are being screamed nearly to oblivion to keep up.

Edit- Went back and rewatched the RoadKill stuff. He's only introduced as "Tony, a drifter" so I'm redeemed thinking he was from M/T. Also his persona as a straight man to the goofballs comes out. I say F&F should latch on to him for future hi-jinks. Put him in the Crusher or F-Bomb and get some reactions.
              Last edited by RockJustRock; April 24, 2015, 02:38 AM.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

the hand gestures at the end imply "What the hell am I doing here"... what's Lou Santiago doing these days?
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That George guy was a better just I thought. They should keep him on for it. On offense to tony as he is great driver
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

I clicked that shameless plug I might get a chance to watch this tonight or tomorrow morning.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

I know, right! Hell for the same cash I can build a stroked 400 Pontiac that cranks out 600ftlbs on pump gas. Why on earth would I want to spend so much to go so slow? At least BP engines make some power for the money.

Comment

A) Warranty
                        B) Fear of moving parts
                        C) Fear of measurement more accurate than Stanley Tape Measure
                        D) Want to get it going right now
                        E) Machine Shop Jackasses

for the average guy, there's going to be more than two of those multiple choice questions.

HT = Tow Motor ... nothing wrong with that engine. It's a truck engine, pure and simple. Didn't they have to remove the Truck pan?

oh yeah, and it's hard to make a stock 455 from a '70 Buick LeSabre look like an LS5 or run on 87 octane cat pee. That thing was what did he say, 8.75:1 ? , it really shouldn't care about octane pulling a train up a grade.

oh yeah, part 2 - that looks like a nice engine, Scott... the nod I would give to the HT502 is forged everything. It's begging for a blower.
                        Last edited by Beagle; April 24, 2015, 09:27 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

As a guy with a 502HO in his car, I can agree with a lot of the above... its not a great performer, good cruiser, lacks power. Coming from a nicely built 454 to this...ehhh.

They really need at least a new cam to be decent. Once I get the money, I intend on either building a new 396 or buying one of those bueprint engines...
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                            As a guy with a 502HO in his car, I can agree with a lot of the above... its not a great performer, good cruiser, lacks power. Coming from a nicely built 454 to this...ehhh.

They really need at least a new cam to be decent. Once I get the money, I intend on either building a new 396 or buying one of those bueprint engines...
                            GM uses some really mild cams, even compared to BluePrint's. Their heads also suck for power.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

So is this like accessorizing your motor so it doesn't look like some cheap Kmart throw rug? I don't get numbers correct on a muscle car, nor do I get camouflaging a motor so it looks like something else... so what's next, how to get a tattoo that looks like your motor? what shoes to wear with a BBC? When's the Hot Rod fashion week?
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 24, 2015, 03:36 PM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X