Homie don't play that game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
    I was bombing down I-5 this morning and saw this going north. Those oh-cammers are cool.
    The Eagle has landed around 10:20 or so this morning If the one you saw was Corn Maize Yellow, that would be mine; Pics later, but this car is a survivor.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

This thing is complete except for all locks and keys and passenger side door panel. Also missing air cleaner. It is cleaning up nicely A couple more pics for your enjoyment.Click image for larger version

Name:	MMIMG_8132.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1027658Click image for larger version

Name:	MMIMG_8130.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	1027659Click image for larger version

Name:	IMMMG_8133.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	1027660Click image for larger version

Name:	IMMMG_8131.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	1027661

Comment

Should be able to crooze this summer then freshen it up over winter?
        Looks pretty good! For our area and that car!

Comment

I got a friend who does what I would call exotic carpet cleaning. He uses some very high tech enzymes and such and has pulled off miracles on our rentals. Going to see if he can clean the carpet and headliner or if might be too fragile. . Not much in the big picture of things, but there is a certain challenge to bring back a car without major replacements;

Comment

looks like way less of a headache than the 66

Comment

I like it, though find out why there's water in the back otherwise the weight-reduction that's started in the trunk will continue at an alarming rate.

why did they park it? why isn't the power steering belt on?

and screw Steve - we've all had the same situation, I tend to take the long view it's just a car and there's others like it (or better) out there. That said, he'd be voted off the island for awhile.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                I like it, though find out why there's water in the back otherwise the weight-reduction that's started in the trunk will continue at an alarming rate.

why did they park it? why isn't the power steering belt on?

and screw Steve - we've all had the same situation, I tend to take the long view it's just a car and there's others like it (or better) out there. That said, he'd be voted off the island for awhile.
                I cut the belts off, I have new ones. Water in trunk is me checking for pinholes and getting accumulated rust debris out. I took pic after running vac, then put a small heater in to dry it out good.

He got the car in a trade a few years ago, had no real interest in fixing it up. I have been trying to sell my 66 Impala for ages (since I dropped my Sprint engine on my knee. He was looking for one that didn't have a lot of bondo and rust. Mine qualified, so we traded. I paid his gas to bring it up from Centralia. $150 cash money and it was mine. 2001 was last registration. They did a cold start on it before listing on C.L. my alert found it and I got in touch asap. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Comment

a bit of POR 15 and the trunk should be good-to-go. They, like all A-bodies leak on the bottom edge of the rear window, pull the trim, seal the holes, replace the trim then it's someone else's problem after they buy it from your estate (meaning, it's pretty much a permanent fix)...
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Someone already sealed the windows, front and rear. Chrome was in trunk. Going to Westco this morning to see if they have any zip packs of clips. Ran out of them putting trim back on. Need probably 6 to 10. Their web site sucks, but hoping they have some Por-15 and also a new trunk rail rubber gasket.

Comment

I prefer the 68/69 body style over the 66/67 & 70/72, nice score.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                        Someone already sealed the windows, front and rear. Chrome was in trunk. Going to Westco this morning to see if they have any zip packs of clips. Ran out of them putting trim back on. Need probably 6 to 10. Their web site sucks, but hoping they have some Por-15 and also a new trunk rail rubber gasket.
                        I'd treat the floor with De-Oxy-Does it first, then paint it...

I treated my S-10 frame with it, it works great, takes the rust off down to clean bare metal.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
                          I prefer the 68/69 body style over the 66/67 & 70/72, nice score.
                          I was and am a big fan of the 66, but this was a score and I will run with it. It is plausible my ZD block could have been on this car from factory. Going to keep it stock and the 67 as a backup, Or I might switch them out and rebuild the numbers matching unit; That probably boils down to an economics decision I guess. I have to learn more about 68 options.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

I'd treat the floor with De-Oxy-Does it first, then paint it...

I treated my S-10 frame with it, it works great, takes the rust off down to clean bare metal.
                            I am ordering some today. Never heard of it. Thanks

Comment

Found the keys in the ash tray. Back up set under some old paper. I think I know why they quit driving it, although it seems to ,me to be a relatively easy fix. The drivers seat back is toast and the door won't open. I would get tired of that pretty damn quick. I wouldn't get rid of the car, but a lot of people would just park it; 14 years later, get rid of it for one reason or another.

Comment

I haven't said "E'ff Steve" yet today !

Comment

Working...
                                X