Homie don't play that game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

It's surprising we don't load all the Steves up in a shipping container and deport them.... our world would be a better place for it
    D\Check Westlaw. There has to be a legal precedence in there somewhere.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

same hicks, though...
      Hey now! We got all of FIVE stoplights in Dallas!

Comment

It's surprising we don't load all the Steves up in a shipping container and deport them.... our world would be a better place for it
        Very funny ... my experience has shown it's best not to stereotype anyone, judge a man by his own actions.
        ;)

Comment

Not going to be able to save the paint, so stopped in at Wesco. A gallon of basecoat is $235 +tax. Already have Clearcoat, thinners hardener, 2k and sealer from Impala that never got painted. Mayfair Maize. At least I won't necessarily have to jamb it. Maybe I can get away with buffing and clear coating those. I do not want to take this car down to its basic components. Don't think I could get those panels that straight again.

Comment

Been on PST website. I put following in my shopping cart:

Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit
            Sway Bar, Front
            Original Performance Super Front End Kit
            Small Block Rear Coil Spring
            Small Block Front Coil Spring
            Polygraphite® Body Mount Kit
            $1500 on the button

Probably missing something, but that's probably most of it for starters

Comment

PST rocks !

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                PST rocks !
                I hope so, Hotchkiss about gave me a heart attack and "that look" from wifey when I was on their website with my Kindle.

Comment

Score I have the OHC-6 for both right and left front, but these will be for when I put the Sprint engine in it.Click image for larger version

Name:	emblem LF.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	1028975Click image for larger version

Name:	EMBLEM_12-602x303.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1028976

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                    Been on PST website. I put following in my shopping cart:

Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit
                    Sway Bar, Front
                    Original Performance Super Front End Kit
                    Small Block Rear Coil Spring
                    Small Block Front Coil Spring
                    Polygraphite® Body Mount Kit
                    $1500 on the button

Probably missing something, but that's probably most of it for starters

Do a B-body spindle conversion, you'll be amazed at how much better the car handles (you have to get new, tubular upper control arms to accomplish this). Use the police car set up so you get 13" rotors/brakes.

Box the rear lower control arms and get the adjustable upper arms

Disk brake the rear using a set up off an IROC Camaro - they bolt to your housing with a bit of oblonging the bracket holes..

Hotchkiss front springs (1 1/2 lower) along with the 2 inches lower on the b-body spindles and the car is at awesome ride height

Use stock rear springs and put air bags in the springs.

Avoid poly body mounts unless you love squeaks and rattles. I would go solid axle mounts along with johnny joints on the frame/cross member mount. I'd retain the rubber upper mount on the rear.

Get poly bushings in the front

Add the larger roll bar front and rear. Nice thing about the rear, stock anti roll bar is it keeps your tires out of your fenders on hard corners.

Replace the steering box with a quick ratio from a Monte Carlo SS or Buick GNX (there are aftermarket ones as well)

In short, build it like this car - I know the former owner, he's a jerk, but he knows what he's talking about

All of that, is less than $1,500.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Pricing
                      Do a B-body spindle conversion, you'll be amazed at how much better the car handles (you have to get new, tubular upper control arms to accomplish this). Use the police car set up so you get 13" rotors/brakes. $100 for the spindles, calipers, and rotors from a U-pull-it. $175 off ebay for the upper control arms.

Box the rear lower control arms and get the adjustable upper arms $22.00 from OPG (they're simply plates you weld to your lower control arms).

Disk brake the rear using a set up off an IROC Camaro - they bolt to your housing with a bit of oblonging the bracket holes.. I paid $50 for my first set up, and still have the second setup on my shelf that I paid $75 for

Hotchkiss front springs (1 1/2 lower) along with the 2 inches lower on the b-body spindles and the car is at awesome ride height $125

Use stock rear springs and put air bags in the springs. $50 for new springs, $50 for bags.

Avoid poly body mounts unless you love squeaks and rattles. I would go solid axle mounts along with johnny joints on the frame/cross member mount. I'd retain the rubber upper mount on the rear. $200 in johnny joints

Get poly bushings in the front, comes with the tubular control arm, $50

Add the larger roll bar front and rear. Nice thing about the rear, stock anti roll bar is it keeps your tires out of your fenders on hard corners. $125 for the front, $118 for the rear.

Replace the steering box with a quick ratio from a Monte Carlo SS or Buick GNX (there are aftermarket ones as well) $350-475

grand total is $1300-1450.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Great ideas and details, thanks for the pricing!

Comment

Thanks. Breaking that down to one step at a time, looks like my skill set could get it done. Not entirely sure what "johnny joints are, but will look it up.

Edit gotcha. Never knew what those ere called on joints.
                          Last edited by patrickth; May 6, 2015, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Spent last two days trying to deep clean it. Today I put the front end up on stands and went postal on it with my pressure washer. Identified a couple problem areas, mainly involving rust all over surface on dash, Gauges are fogged badly and heater controls will need a new control switch. Probably will need new printed circuit if I can figure out how to get that dash out. Engine and trunk cleaned up nicely. Will post pics tomorrow..

Comment

time for a build thread in projects and some pictures, cuz NOTHING happened around here without pictures.... I buy Playboy if I want to read the articles. MORE PICTURES.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                time for a build thread in projects and some pictures, cuz NOTHING happened around here without pictures.... I buy Playboy if I want to read the articles. MORE PICTURES.
                                Good idea. Wasn't sure of the protocol.

New thread http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...nt-clone-lefty
                                Last edited by patrickth; May 8, 2015, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X