Homie don't play that game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homie don't play that game.

Got a call from Steve on the 66 Tempest. We had a deal, we shook hands on it and I proceeded to do exactly what I said I would do. He calls me up and demands immediate changes to get my wife involved, saying he got a better offer on it and did I want to match it. A deal is a deal. So I went shopping. Got a 1968 running 68 LeMans with the OH-6 loaded on a trailer being delivered this weekend. I for sure wanted the 66, but not under duress.Click image for larger version

Name:	00101_8PRmqwyyUv6_600x450.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1026842Click image for larger version

Name:	00t0t_ixQxw9glTYJ_600x450.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1026843
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

At least you got a better deal now?
    I would be pissed! Have walked away and had the seller recant.. I still walked..
    This one looks to be in better shape?

Comment

in the end you may be happier. More safety features in the '68 (dual master cylinder, more padding in the interior, I believe an energy absorbing steering column, side marker lamps - cool arrowheads on the rear quarters). 68 has some one year only 2nd gen A body items such as ignition on the dash and door vent windows. The motor's power also increased in part due to displacement increase to 250 ci from 230 and wheelbase is a little shorter
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Nice project car.

I was brought home from being born in a '68 Buick Skylark, and rode around with Mom in it for the next 6 years until it was rear-ended. Played Duke-Boys with my cousins in the carcass for several more years. Those were great cars!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I am not a happy camper, but I took him to lunch a month ago, explained I had just spent almost $5k on new air tools, compressor and welding gear and was in fact broke until the 1st. I told him 66 Impala and 77 Monte were up for sale, but didn't want to buy if he couldn't deal with it. He said he wasn't in a hurry, that he had no plans to sell it anyway I don't borrow from wifey for cars things and I for damn sure don't want anyone else trying. I will make do with the 68. He just texted me, coming up tomorrow instead of weekend.

I have the 67 Sprint OHC-6 4barrel in garage now. Stuck piston in cylinder 5 Trying to figure out how to get it out without damage to anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            At least you got a better deal now?
            I would be pissed! Have walked away and had the seller recant.. I still walked..
            This one looks to be in better shape?
            It seems little rust, but runs. He took the ad down off C.L but it was listed in Seattle and Lewis County.

Comment

A couple more picsClick image for larger version

Name:	00i0i_dJ37eg7nmOf_600x450.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1026894Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_jwyJScByp1H_600x450.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1026895Click image for larger version

Name:	00j0j_jhvdNVFd5QD_600x450.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1026896

Comment

Just texted a pic of engine compartment.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952015042995095943822.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	733.2 KB
ID:	1026908

Comment

Building 3-6 derby cars a year it is always easier starting with a runner/driver even tho we do not use the drivetrain..
                  Now you can drive it a bit while working on it..

I suspect the seller was "bragging" he sold the car, got called stupid or cheap and figured it was worth more..

Comment

Why he did it doesn't matter I guess, but his brother has been itching to clone it. That's what bet I would make. Just going to run with the hand dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                      Got a call from Steve on the 66 Tempest ... demands immediate changes saying he got a better offer on it and did I want to match it.
                      E'ff Steve and his Tempest !

Comment

Meh, Steve can stick it.
                        The Lemans is in way better shape.
                        You'll definitely be driving it sooner too.

Comment

Wifey just got home and I told her our new ride is being delivered tomorrow. She basically said the same thing, "screw Steve".

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                            Wifey just got home and I told her our new ride is being delivered tomorrow. She basically said the same thing, "screw Steve";.
                            Smart wifey !

Comment

I was bombing down I-5 this morning and saw this going north. Those oh-cammers are cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X