Street rod guys help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street rod guys help??

Need some help if anyone can, my dad has a 1934 Chev more door sedan, typical streetrod stuff, stroker 383, th400 mustangII clip etc, anyways he is looking to update it and after seeing the 1934 chrysler delivery in the last issue of HRM (used to be a four door) im trying to find him more pics of it or anything similiar to it. I tried google but nada...we want to weld up the rear doors, loose the rear window post and fill the space to make our own delivery but would love to see more pics of anything like it. any links or pics would be appreciated. Thanks.
    David

Re: Street rod guys help??

I'd suggest finding some pictures of a "real" 34 chevy sedan delivery, and comparing it to the 4 door sedan. You might find that the body is different enough that your plan would result in a car that "looks funny".

I only say this because a friend has a 35 chevy two door sedan he was thinking of doing the same thing to...
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That's just it, the body is different, the front doors are longer on a real delivery or a two door sedan, our first thought was to make the front doors longer to balance it out but im almost positive the chrysler i was refering to did not have the doors lenghtened (>why can't i spell that?) and it looks fine to me. so i dunno.....fi i had a clue how to use photo shop i would mock it up myself replete with flat black, steel wheels and lot's of striping, unfortunatly due to the current "trend" it would be refered to as a ratrod and therefore a poser trend follower. Of course when i was a kid 20yrs ago trying to tell streetrod guys at rod runs that flat black and striping and steel wheels make the cars alot cooler i was told i was on glue and their megadollar fucia, magenta or various pastel paint jobs were always going to be the pinacal of streetrodding. Fast forward 20yrs and those same guys are in their garages, flatblack spray bombs in hand smothering their once "tastefull" bright shiny paint jobs just trying to fit in....wow, that was a rant...sorry bout that, i was never very good at restraining myself from saying "i told you so" ......

Comment

I was more concerned about the shape of the back of the car, where the door would go, how a 4dr sedan compares to a real delivery.

go to the HAMB and see what they say...but watch your step there! read a while and get a feel for the place before you post. Like, read for a month or two before you make a post.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Second that advice!Very traditional guys,will carve you up if you ask the wrong questions!On the flip side,very talented/knowledgeable bunch!

Comment

Just make some Panels that can be Removed whenever you want a different look.

Comment

I have looked everywhere and can find no pics, no info at all, but judging by the pic in HR mag of the yellow sedan under construction they did nothing other then cut the rear window post, weld the door and fabricate the panels. then of course cut in a rear door...so i dunno, i just wish i could find something more comprehensive to look at.

Comment

you realize of course that you could just Do it... if it looks right to you....

I did something like this with my 56 210 wagon as a kid... took the back glass out and made it a delivery... ( sorta )... it was perfect looking... and totally sucked to drive... but I was a kid... what did I know?

Keith...

Comment

Your gonna chop the top too? If you do, you might as well fill in the Windows.

Comment

Yah it looks like it's going to get done this year, my Dad's been complaing that's it's a four door, and not really what he wanted but the price was right, and we have owned it now for almost 20yrs, so it's not going anywhere, no, he won't chop it, i have tried and tried to convince him, i have offered to pay part of the BS bill to do it but he is happy with the roof height as it is so alas...no chop...

Comment

Just my opinion,...... It will always be a 4 door or it look like it use to be a 4 door, (just like cutting the top off of a coupe to look like a roadster,... it looks like a headless coupe) 34 chevy's have a lot of wood in them and they are rough to cut up and make look good unless you replace most of the wood with a steel inner structure. you are buying yourself a LOT of work, I know you have had the car for 20 years, but if a 4 door is not what you want, I would sell it and build what you really want,....

Comment

Working...
                      X