Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your LEAST favorite "classic" musclecar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your LEAST favorite "classic" musclecar?

Lately I've felt a profound dislike for the 68 Skylark GS. In the early 70s my neighbor up the block had one in pale pastel yellow, it was ugly to me then. Even as a full blown race car..... bleah.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pel67beware.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1031233

If you stretch things to the 80s there was a famine and feast glut of Yugos. Before they actually arrived there was a ton of hype and they overstocked badly. A creative dealer in Phoenix where I was living came up with a scheme. He had some in day-glo colors that he added stripes and graphics to and called the GT-Y. I would see them all over and of course think GT-WHY? Sorry even Google Image search won't puke one of those up.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

The body style of Chevelle that most people covet above all others, I really don't care for at all. The 70 through 72.

Comment

I grew up a Pontiac / Chevy guy. I did own a 1970 Mercury Cycle but that and one current Mopar the only non GM I've ever owned. But as I have aged I come to like them all. Mopars, Fords and GM. Of the 8 cars I own now only one is a Mopar and I've grown to really like driving it. So I would say that I have developed an appreciation of all the muscle cars from that time period. Maybe due to the fact it's a by gone time that we'll never see again.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

First Gen Camaros.
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yes the '70 Chevelle defies the term "svelte" I feel they made the 70 Chevelle and GTO look chunky to offset the fact they were lifting the corporate 400 inch limit on mid-size cars. GM was quite arbitrary in that type of thing like they banned big blocks in compacts until '68.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Camaros, followed by Chevelles.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
              First Gen Camaros.
              Me too, but mostly because they're presented by their fans as "The Only Car". And they've been done to death. I'd like one better with, say, a BBB or something under the hood. OOhhhh! Even better, a SOHC Ford!

Dan

Comment

The 442 never did anything for me.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What considered "classic" when you were born in 1985? If it counts I never like the 90s camaros or firebirds. There were just to many of them and most only had the v6 it seemed like.

Comment

Trying to decide which... there are several I will walk past without giving them a lot of extra attention, and then it hit me. Camry. ANY "muscle car" is better than a Camry.

I didn't really care for Dusters / Demons when I was a kid, but I kind of like them now. Even more every time I see a Camry.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Least favorite musclecar: Most any with a bowtie on them, simply because I have seen so many of them over the years. I just can't get excited about them. They may be fast or have super nice paint or whatnot, but they will always be ho-hum to me.

I know that may sound odd coming from a guy that owns a ubiquitous fox body mustang. haha
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                        First Gen Camaros.

I'm with you on that.
                        "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

hemi cudas - lots of potential there, but an utter pig in their stock form.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mopar: Nearly every A-body.
                            GM: Chevy II 1967-prior
                            Ford: 1964-68 Mustang
                            AMC: Marlin
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Camaros, any year. Done to death, nothing more than a parts car for Firebirds. Next up, anything with a small block chevy in it, straight up yawn inducing with a huge following of drooling fans. Doesn't matter what it is, put one of those orange lumps in it, and it just became a parts car.

Comment

Working...
                              X